• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folder management
Hi,

I just bought MSP yesterday and it works well on a tablet. I try to found answer with folder management key word. I didn't succeed !

On my PC (Linux Debian Mint) I've 2 sub-folders within "My Sheets Music" folder : vocal sub-folder and organ sub-folder.

After I import trough google drive (my folder and 2 sub-folders have been copied before because I usually use private cloud), I found all my sheets music in a flat list and not inside their original 2 sub-folders.

Is it like that it should work ? If not, what I would like, how can we manage folder within MSP ? If yes, I understand that all my sheets music should be in the same folder and I should use filter to make setlists.
Remark : i've around 500 vocal sheets et 100 organ sheets.

Thank you for your help.

BV
MobileSheets does not support multiple levels of depth for how things are organized on the library screen. MobileSheets tries to separate concerns about file management from library management where possible. However, if it's important for you to have your files and folders organized in a specific way, you can do that. You just need to do the following:

1) Before importing files, go to Settings->Storage->Set the MobileSheets Storage Location and select a root folder that contains all of your other folders and files (I would not recommend using the root of the drive though, i.e. CSmile.
2) Now import your files under the folders within the storage location. You will find that MobileSheets will use the files without moving them, so your folder structure will be maintained

This does not change how songs/pieces are displayed in MobileSheets though - everything is designed to only be one level deep so that you aren't having to dig through multiple levels to find anything. When the library is fully organized/populated, you usually can find what you want with a few taps or filters. Additional improvements are planned for this as well.

Mike
Hi Mike,

thank you for your answer. First trials are OK. Great !

BVA