• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing issues
Today I shared some pdf-files with another musician trough the “share files” option followed by ipad function “airdrop”. The sharing was succesful, but apparently I did more than just share the files. Each shared file was removed from my library in the proces, and I needed to import them again. Anyone else out there with this experience?
That's very strange - I will look into that to see if I can reproduce it. MobileSheets definitely should not be deleting any files as part of the sharing functionality though.

Mike
I airdropped a file between my iPads and the file was not deleted from MobileSheets. Can you provide the selections you made on the share settings dialog? That may have some influence on the outcome.

Thanks,
Mike
(05-25-2023, 09:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I airdropped a file between my iPads and the file was not deleted from MobileSheets. Can you provide the selections you made on the share settings dialog? That may have some influence on the outcome.

Thanks,
Mike

I attached the screen with settings I used. All boxes unchecked since I wanted only to share the bare pdf. Afterwards the directories that correspond with the shared files are still on my ipad, but they are empty. When clicking on a shared file I get a file not found message, also attached.

Greetings,
Frank.

NB: tried the same procedure with some of the boxes checked. Same result, files are missing afterwards.

NB2: bingo! If I check the second box, shared files are NOT removed. Hope that helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that I did find the cause of the issue and it's fixed for version 3.8.0 which I'm building to submit for approval right now.

Thanks,
Mike
(06-01-2023, 11:26 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that I did find the cause of the issue and it's fixed for version 3.8.0 which I'm building to submit for approval right now.

Thanks,
Mike

That’s great news! Thanks Mike!