• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation Problems
Hey All. 

I have a couple problems that keep happening and when they did not used to. 

1. Before I used to be able to type a word or a sentence and move it on the page after I typed it. Now I am unable. Have not been able for some time now. It is frustrating to say the least. 

2. When I use the snip and paste tool. It often does does what it should. Then, many times it will all the pasted box will disappear. I go back to edit and I can find the box on layers tab. But, I can not get it to reveal itself. It is only the box part. I have tried the layers dialogue box. And clicked on the places that it says should turn it off and on. But, to no avail. 

I so LOVE this product. And Mike is amazing and very on the ball with updates and answers. 

But...with any tech....when problems arise....@#$%@#$%%!!!  Haha

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Blints
I suspect that for 1, you have lost the nudge tool when you are entering text.
To reinstate this, tap the T in top line and then tap some entered text.
The 2nd item (dashed diamond?) in the pop up will re-enable the nudge tool (it will show a pin in top right corner)

You can also move text by dragging it around but this really only works well if you have several letters to drag (or you could zoom the page before dragging)

Can't really answer your layers problem as I don't use that feature. However, provided you notice quickly when it occurs, you can press the left facing curved arrow to back out the operation that caused the problem (3rd icon from left on top line).

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hey Blints,

I know these kinds of problems with those tools very well and have also been struggling with them the first few times I used them. But I think once you really get used to how they work, there should not be a problem anymore, at least that's the case for me. I might be able to explain some little things:

1) Do I understand correctly that you type in some text with the text tool? Or are you referring to words you write as a freehand annotation with your pen? (Are you using a pen at all and do you have pencil mode enabled under edit mode -> settings?)

If I assume correctly you mean that you type text with the text tool and use a pen and also have pencil mode enabled, then on my tablet I can create a text field by selecting the text tool and touching the screen with my pencil and then typing in some letters. When I'm finished I touch the screen with the pencil again outside of the text field. I can now see the finished text field. When I try to move a textfield with the pencil now, the tool switches to the selection tool (mouse icon) as soon as I touch it with the pencil and I can pull it around across the screen. When I leave the screen with the pencil it switches back to the text tool.

2) With the snip and paste tool it seems to be that it creates a white rectangle to hide the cut part and writes the pasted part in the pdf as soon as you leave edit mode. So if you didn't move it very far and the areas overlap it hides the pasted content. While this is a bit unlogical in my opinion I think you can get used to it and adjust the rectangle. If you want to edit the pasted part again you have to enable the option to edit annotations that are saved in the pdf (also in the options of edit mode). I had a conversation about this exact topic with Mike in another thread: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-9929.html
There were some thoughts and recommendations I shared about this in the thread but I'm not sure if any of them are practical suggestions for Mike to implement sometime in the future.

Cheers, Malte
Blints,

1) As Geoff suggested, the nudge tool is one way to move text. If you the selection tool, press on the annotation and drag it, does it not move? You can also use the text tool, but you can't move a text annotation you are actively editing. If you have not started editing it though, you can also drag text annotations to move them with the text tool.

2) As far as the second issue, I can look into this - should I just create snippets, save the changes, go back into the annotation editor and repeat those steps until I see the issue occur? Based on what you've described, what is happening is that the visibility of the snippet annotation has been turned off, and MobileSheets is not flipping it back on (this is a setting in the PDF itself, not in MobileSheets). If you move the snippet slightly, that should cause MobileSheets to update the visibility flag as it has to save the annotation out if any changes are made to it. Let me know if this suddenly makes it appear.

Thanks,
Mike