• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets Version 3.8.0 Released
MobileSheets version 3.8.0 has been released and is currently awaiting approval in each app store. This update introduces significant changes to chord pro files with the introduction of pango markup support (https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/chordpro_markup/). This allows a greater level of control over the styling and coloring of lyrics and chords than the current text display settings. For users that rely on chord pro files, definitely look at some of the options that are available as they may be useful to you. I also plan to update the text editor in MobileSheets to better support pango markup in the future so that it's easier to take advantage of. In addition to the chord pro changes, I also addressed a large number of bug reports and crashes. The full list of changes can be found below:

Common Changes
  • Added support for the pango markup syntax for chord pro files.
  • Pango markup can be used to style and color individual words or enter lines
  • Added support for turning half pages with smart buttons
  • When "Move page below toolbar when annotating" is enabled, it's now possible to slide pages up to access the bottom of pages
  • When MIDI commands are received to load songs, songs in the currently loaded setlist are now matched first
  • Fixed bug with the layers window when adding/removing annotations to/from collapsed layers
  • Fixed bug where layer visibility changes would not be applied to non-visible pages
  • Fixed error when synchronizing to a cloud folder that does not contains a stamps folder
  • Fixed issue where exporting a song with blank pages could use an incorrect file extension
  • Fixed bug with pedal actions where a link point that is not in view could be triggered instead of a page turn
  • Fixed bug where enabling "Allow editing of embedded pdf annotations" would reset zooming when entering the annotation editor
  • Fixed bug where it was not possible to annotate at the tops of pages depending on the active settings
  • Bookmarks can no longer be added, edited or deleted while performance mode is active
  • Most actions in the setlist window are now disabled in performance mode
  • Fixed bug where the eraser color would be incorrect in some situations
  • Fixed bug with renaming directories after songs are renamed
  • Fixed bug when exporting annotations containing emojis
  • Fixed bug where the title bar would remain invisible after adjusting half page positions in some scenarios

Android v3.8.0
  • Fixed issue with the system status bar when fullscreen mode and the dim/hide the navigation bar settings are disabled
  • Fixed bug where page previews could be sized incorrectly after changing the page order in the song editor
  • Fixed bug when exporting a file name containing a forward slash

Windows v3.8.0
  • Fixed bug that could cause custom stamps not to load properly
  • Fixed bug when exporting a file name containing a backward slash
  • Fixed bug with processing CSV files that could result in them failing to be read
  • Fixed bug with color shades not working properly in the color selection dialog

iPadOS v3.8.0
  • Switched to opening files in place so that users can manage the subdirectories under the MobileSheets folder if desired
  • The volume buttons can now be used to trigger actions
  • Fixed bug where sharing files could lead to files being deleted unexpectedly
  • Fixed bug with batch importing from Dropbox and OneDrive that would cause the import not to start
  • Fixed bug when exporting a file name containing a forward slash
  • Fixed bug where reordering favorites caused internal errors
  • Fixed bug where some settings were not saved properly in the audio player
  • Fixed bug with the color selection window when selecting a custom color
  • Fixed bug with the color selection window when tapping a color shade
  • Fixed bug with the help popups in the annotations settings window
  • The name field is now given focus when creating a new bookmark
  • Fixed bug where metronome LEDs would not be displayed in some scenarios

I originally planned to add support for chord grids and chord diagrams with version 3.8.0, but decided to hold off on those until version 3.8.2. So these will be added soon along with some other enhancements to chord pro files. I also will be adding some usability improvements like a popup window to switch songs easier. After these changes are completed, I will work on some other highly desired features like page turns with facial gestures, more custom fields, etc. 

Thank you all for your continued feedback and suggestions!

Mike
Thanks for adding markup support. It was great to team up making this possible.

Can you change the link for the ChordPro docs to https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/chordpro_markup/ ?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
For some reason I cannot open about half of my collection of ChordPro songs... MSPro complains that it cannot find the file. Trying to find missing files does not signal anything.
Which if the songs can be opened seems to be arbitrary, but consistent (I tried 3 tablets and phones). Same songs on all.

Did anything go wrong?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(06-06-2023, 01:17 AM)sciurius Wrote: For some reason I cannot open about half of my collection of ChordPro songs... MSPro complains that it cannot find the file. Trying to find missing files does not signal anything.
Which if the songs can be opened seems to be arbitrary, but consistent (I tried 3 tablets and phones). Same songs on all.

Did anything go wrong?

I have the same problem many of my existing files fail to open and trying to import some new ones fails too. 
In both case the msg is failed to open and read text document.

:-(
I'll push an update out to address this right now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Mike
Hi!

I have installed v.3.8.1 and i have issue in my ChordPro files; i can't make any transpone actions anymore??
In my older computer i have version 3.8.0 and everything is ok

Jouni
Another update is being submitted right now to address a few more potential issues with text and chord pro files. It should be available for download soon after Google approves it. If you need a more immediate fix and want to install an early build, message me at mike@zubersoft.com. 

Mike
(06-08-2023, 06:44 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Another update is being submitted right now to address a few more potential issues with text and chord pro files. It should be available for download soon after Google approves it. If you need a more immediate fix and want to install an early build, message me at mike@zubersoft.com. 

Mike

Hi

I just install v. 3.8.3 ... everything works ok!

Many thanks of the Internet's fastest solution/update  Big Grin Big Grin

Jouni
I'm glad to hear that Jouni - sorry again for the temporary issues you had to deal with.

Mike
Thanks for adding the feature to stop me editing a setlist in performance mode - it was something I was going to request! As a tweak, however, could the order sliders disappear instead of just not working? Or get changed to a padlock icon?
I'll look into it - the main reason I didn't change that is because it means I have to synchronize changes to the performance mode to the various lists, and there is no code in place at the moment to do that.

Mike
I noticed the <small> command makes the text smaller, yet the word wrap does not change the location of the new line. Smaller text should allow more words per line.
(06-12-2023, 12:31 PM)Jonk Wrote: I noticed the <small> command makes the text smaller, yet the word wrap does not change the location of the new line. Smaller text should allow more words per line.

I have implemented changes to fix this. The line height will now be reduced when possible.

Thanks,
Mike