• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheet Music Management Apps for Android
I currently have an iPad with my music files on and use ForScore to organise them.

Unfortunately, the battery is starting to go - it's not holding charge as long - so it looks like I will be needing to replace it soon.

I'm thinking of replacing it with a 10" Android tablet and am looking for a suitable App that will enable me to do the same things as ForScore does on iPad.

I already have an 8" Android tablet and I've tried a few apps but not found anything that's quite right. I'm currently using Orpheus and it's sort of OK but it's not really all that flexible. It allows me to link folders but not to look inside folders. Individual files are just in a long list. You can set up set lists but not index your files by category.

ForScore lets you index by composer, genre and tags (where you can create your own categories).

I've looked at several Android apps but I've not been happy with what I've seen so far. One I tried simply did not work, another wouldn't read pdf files and all my music - both song chord charts and sheet music are in pdf format. The better looking ones were paid apps. I don't mind paying for an app if it does the job but I need to get a clear recommendation. Orpheus is a paid app but it had a trial version and after I found it OK I bought it but as I said above I find it limited and I need something more flexible.

Looking for recommendations.
I find this post a bit weird.  Since you are posting in an app-specific group, you must be aware of MobileSheets, so just download it and give it a whirl.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
You can test out MobileSheets by installing MobileSheets Trial through the Google Play Store. If you like the way the app handles the library management, then you can purchase it and switch to the paid version (which is just "MobileSheets"). It has most of the same features as forScore, although each app has features that the other does not.

Mike
(06-11-2023, 07:51 PM)Junfy Wrote: I currently have an iPad with my music files on and use ForScore to organise them.

Unfortunately, the battery is starting to go - it's not holding charge as long - so it looks like I will be needing to replace it soon.

I'm thinking of replacing it with a 10" Android tablet and am looking for a suitable App that will enable me to do the same things as ForScore does on iPad.

I already have an 8" Android tablet and I've tried a few apps but not found anything that's quite right. I'm currently using Orpheus and it's sort of OK but it's not really all that flexible. It allows me to link folders but not to look inside folders. Individual files are just in a long list. You can set up set lists but not index your files by category.

ForScore lets you index by composer, genre and tags (where you can create your own categories).

I've looked at several Android apps but I've not been happy with what I've seen so far. One I tried simply did not work, another wouldn't read pdf files and all my music - both song chord charts and sheet music are in pdf format. The better looking ones were paid apps. I don't mind paying for an app if it does the job but I need to get a clear recommendation. Orpheus is a paid app but it had a trial version and after I found it OK I bought it but as I said above I find it limited and I need something more flexible.

Looking for recommendations.

You're on a good path if you need more flexibility. Android and MobileSheets is way to go.
Mobilesheets is staggeringly good.  Changed my life.  And Mike Zuber's a complete star.  Best software & support I've ever had.  A