• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App crash after opening app right after boot
I'm a new member, and this is my first post.  Sincerest apologies if this subject has already been beaten to death.

I was on a gig where I hadn't taken the time to set up a power cable extension to my Android, so I was concerned about running out of juice.  I powered the device down during the set break and booted it up again when I came out onstage for the 2nd set.  I opened the MobileSheets Pro app and it immediately closed.  This happened over and over, and I eventually just played that set by watching the tenor player's parts and piecing together what I remembered of my trumpet parts.

I don't remember when I "resolved" this particular issue, and it's happened a few more times in the ensuing years.  Lazy me should've done better proactive research into what might've caused the error, but my current theory is that the app crashes for me when my Lenovo Tab Pro 11 has downloaded a MobileSheets update but has not yet applied it.  I believe my settings have always been: auto-download app updates, but don't auto-apply them.

Again, I haven't done very scientific research into the issue, but I seem to have no problems after a boot when I first (1) check for a pending MobileSheets update and (2) apply an update when one exists.

Today I changed my tablet's settings to auto-update apps when updates have been downloaded, but to ask me first before downloading app updates so that I know when they're coming.

Is there any credence to this theory and, if so, are the above new settings the recommended ones?

I love this app.  Someday I may go back to an iPad but, until then, I really appreciate the IMMENSE amount of work Michael has put into this great software, as well as all the contributions the members of this forum have made.  I've come to this forum for years but only (finally) created an account today.

Thanks.
Hello,

There is one piece of information you have not provided that will be very important/helpful: which app store did you purchase through? I'm really not sure how having an update downloaded but not applied would impact MobileSheets, as the app internally wouldn't care about that, unless there is some kind of OS issue happening. When you had those issues on your gig, did you get a chance to reboot the device? When did MobileSheets start working properly again? Once you had internet access?

Thanks,
Mike
(06-13-2023, 11:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello,

There is one piece of information you have not provided that will be very important/helpful: which app store did you purchase through? I'm really not sure how having an update downloaded but not applied would impact MobileSheets, as the app internally wouldn't care about that, unless there is some kind of OS issue happening. When you had those issues on your gig, did you get a chance to reboot the device? When did MobileSheets start working properly again? Once you had internet access?

Thanks,
Mike

I bought it through the Google Play Store.  I'm running the app on my Lenovo Tab P11 Pro.
That particular gig was 1 or 2 years ago.  It happened during a soundcheck the other day, and I just turned WIFI off instead of rebooting, and that seemed to do the trick.
My fear is that it's some quirk of my particular tablet model.  Who knows.  I'll let you know if the WIFI trick works next time.

Thanks.