• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to trim/condense pdf music
Occasionally, I get music that doesn't have a condensed score for the accompanist (me). I could copy the music, cut the copy apart, reassemble the accompaniment into fewer pages, and scan/import that, but it seems like there should be a way of doing that digitally. 

On some pages there's only a handful of measures of music because each vocal part is on its own line. Less than 40% of the page is accompaniment. It would be nice to be able to trim out or hide the other parts and extra white space and then re-page the PDF. (So that instead of 1 or 2 lines of accompaniment on a page there can be 4, 5 or 6.)

Does anyone know of a PDF editing software that can do that? Or have a way that they do something similar? Thanks.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
Any good professional PDF-Software should do that. My favourite is PDF X-Change Pro. I've done what you want simply with the internal screenshot feature to snapshot the part you want to a new opened file/page in the editor and paste and organized it there like I wanted it.

There's a way in MSP too, but you have to duplicate the pages where you have your parts in it and you want to cut (by changing the page order, example from 1-3 to 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3) and then crop only your part of the page you want to keep. You can then view that in vertical scroll and see as many cropped parts as fit on one page. You can export scores to PDF from MSP, but don't believe you get more then one cropped part per PDF.