• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice if MobileSheets is right for me
Hello everyone!

Hope I don't bother anyone asking this, but I've downloaded MobileSheets for the first time and I'm trying to understand if it's right for what I want.

I've been writing songs I have to play live in paper for a long time and I would like to start using a tablet instead. But the problem seems to be that there isn't any app that can easily do different kinds of types of writing. Some of my friends use MobileSheets, but they don't have a demand for the app like I have, since they mostly read sheet music, or just take notes. So, let me try to explain what I need.

Mostly, I write everything using chord charts. But sometimes, there's a need to complement those chord charts using different stuff, like tabs so I remember notes or patterns, or maybe there's a measure or just 1 beat in the measure that has some kicks and I need to write those. So, in the same song, I might have chord charts, tabs, and musical notation. 

There are a lot of apps out there who are able to do everyone of those things, but from what I found out, none does all of that inside just one app. Is MobileSheets able to do all of that?

I understand it´s possible to import, but from what I understand, MobileSheets doesn't turn whatever you import into information that it's editable, which makes transposing, for example, impossible.

Here is an example of a song where I do all of that. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nd1XvsS...sp=sharing

Once again, hope I don't bother anyone by asking these questions.

Thank you very much for everyones attention.

Cheers
Mobile Sheets is an app for reading, organizing and annotating pdfs. It is not a composition tool.
(06-20-2023, 02:51 PM)mdavej Wrote: Mobile Sheets is an app for reading, organizing and annotating pdfs. It is not a composition tool.

That's what I tought. Thanks very much for the answer
Well, Mobile Sheets is actually quite good at transposing chords, if you create a file in chordpro format, instead of pdf.  Adding extra notes, either typed in or handwritten, is also very easy and works well.

Transposing tablature like you have in the example you linked to, I don’t think would work at all.

Mobile Sheets is very affordable, and if you just use it to load scans of your handwritten song charts so that page turning and page scrolling, and building set lists, and sharing song charts with other musicians, then MobileSheets can be worthwhile.

If you already have MobileSheets, even just the trial version on Windows or Android, I’d be happy to send you a song chart file that is in chordpro format that you could import and see how transposing works.