• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSV Import - set the PDF file manually
Hi Mike,

it would be great, if the CSV file didn't find the PDF in the same folder with the same name that it will let you browse for the right PDF File to use it with.
So I could save my csv files in a dedicated path.

Regards,
Stephan
I think this is (or at least was) already the case. Please try and report what's the behaviour in your environment.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I am just getting an error that the pdf wasn't found
Correct. MobileSheets for Win10 opens a file dialog to select the PDF in case no PDF with the same name can be found in the same folder as the CSV. MobileSheets for Android just reports an error as you said.
@Mike: The behaviour on Win10 is really convenient. It would be great if MobileSheets on Android would work in the same way.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

The Windows behavior is not because the PDF was not found - it's actually because the Windows version can't access a file outside the storage location unless the user explicitly picks it with Microsoft's open file dialog, so it just happens to work this way due to that restriction. While I can certainly change the logic on the Android side to prompt the user for a PDF if one is not found, would it instead be easier to just let the user select multiple files at once so that they can pick both the PDF and csv at the same time? However, this would restrict you to use a PDF that is in the same directory as the CSV, so the only benefit of prompting a second time would be that you could select the PDF from any folder. It just seems more tedious to have to be prompted twice. Thoughts?  Now that I mention it, I guess I could have set up Windows to work this way too - it could let you select both the PDF and CSV at the same time if I enable multi-selection. I think I'll make that change to support either workflow. The same would be true of Android - you will have the option of selecting both the PDF and csv at the same time, but if no PDF is selected or found, then it would prompt a second time.

Thanks,
Mike
That sounds Great. For me the csv is on a different path than the pdf.
Just wanted to follow up to say that the changes for this will not be included with version 3.8.7, but will be included with the next update after that.

Mike