• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
communication with roland bk7m
MobileSheets is installed on my tablet OS windows 11

The tablet is connected to a roland bk7m with a cable usb a - b

I not sure how to do the midi setup to have a good communication between the two items.

I introduced the settings I could find for an Android tablet but it doesn't seem to work correctly on my windows tablet 
I would like when I choose a score that the style is launched automatically

Can someone help?
Hello,

First, go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections. You should see input and output ports for your Roland B7-Km if MobileSheets is able to detect it through Microsoft's MIDI library. If you don't see input/output ports, something is wrong with the connection, which points to an issue with the device or the cable. If you haven't installed the drivers yet for Windows, you may need to do that here: https://www.roland.com/global/support/by...s_drivers/

If you can establish a connection, go back to the library screen, long press a song to select it, tap "Edit Song" at the top of the screen, go to the MIDI tab, tap the + icon, and set up the message you want to send to the B7KM. From communication with another user, he sent a patch change message with MSB 122, LSB 0, Value 84 to change to performance number 85 on the Roland BK-7m. So you can try that out to see if it gets you closer to what you are trying to do (unless you already know what messages you need to send).

Mike
Hello,

I did all the manipulations suggested but unfortunately, the problem remain the same.

MSB 122, LSB 0, Value (This normally the number of the song, i have a set list with 100 songs?) I don't understand "Value 84 to change to performance number 85"

Here is my settings:

Midi receive channel 11 also on the BK-7m
Midi send channel  11
Midi Echo: on
Allow multiple channels:  on
Midi device: generic
Midi action: empty
Allow page control on
Pitch bend channel: Any
Use one-based numbering: on
Disable Midi: off
Prevent looping: on
Well the very first thing is to determine if you are actually able to send/receive messages with the keyboard. If you are able to connect to input/output ports under Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections, then go to the MIDI tab of the song editor, tap the last icon on the right side to bring up the MIDI listen dialog and press keys on the keyboard. Do you see Note On and Note Off messages? If not, then there isn't good communication between the two. This points to either a problem with the cable, a MIDI driver issue, or some other kind of incompatibility. In these situations, you may need to put something between the two devices that is a MIDI class compliant device such as a Roland UM-One or a mioXC.

Mike
Hello,

I have progressed, it's was not a cable or hardware issue. It was a setup problem. To be honest, the midi language is quite new for me.

So now when I choose a song from my BK7M's list, the music score is automatically selected.
Now I just have to figure out how to do it the other way around.

Thank you for your help,
JB
I'm always happy to help when I can. If you send the same message you are receiving, it's possible the keyboard will respond and load what you want. It depends entirely on the keyboard's MIDI implementation though.

Mike