• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Client not syncing anymore to windows server
Hello, 

I have MobileSheets now for about two years on both a Windows 11 PC, an android tablet and an android phone and I love it. I use my windows instance mainly to organize my database, which I sync with the android "clients". Till recently I never had any issues syncing the devices. Start the server on the windows  pc and sync the two android dvices, which works blazing fast. 

Since the last update both android clients do see the server online, but when I click connect after a while they give the message that the server could not be found and a second (or third and so on) instance of the same server is found.

This happens since the latest version of Mobile sheets. Both server and clients are running 3.8.9.

I tried rebooting al the machines and disabled my firewall. Nothing works.

What can be the problem?

Cheers,
Kees
Hello Kees,

These kinds of problems can be a real pain to figure out. There's something I would like you to do as it will help us figure out where the fault may be - create a wifi hotspot with your cell phone, connect the Android tablet and PC to the hotspot, and then try to sync. Does this work? If not, then I believe the issue is with the Windows device. If you make one of the Android devices the server, and connect another device to that, does that work properly? Can the Windows device connect to it? You can make the Android device the server, the Windows the client, but then set the sync mode to "Update Server" which will still push changes from the Windows device to the tablet.

Mike
Hi Mike,

When I start the tablet as server (and set update server) it works, also bluetooth works with the windows app as server. I can't try the hotspot test. My windows machine does not have wifi.

The problems appeared after he last update of Mobiel Sheets, so I doupt that is is a windows machine problem...

Cheers,
Kees
What's strange about that is that I didn't make any changes at all to the connection code with any of the last few updates. I do know that Windows can update Windows Firewall settings when an app is updated, so I'm not sure if that is related. It may be worth backing up your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, uninstalilng MobileSheets, reinstalling it, and then restoring your library to see if it eliminates this issue. That would also reset the firewall settings in Windows for MobileSheets. Also, as a side note, if you look at the properties of your network in Windows, do you have it set to "private" instead of "public"? That is important for preventing network traffic from being blocked between apps on the same network.

Mike
The culprit was Eset firewall. Got everything working again, thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Kees
That's great news! Thanks for following up to let me know.

Mike