• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlist with parts of songs
Like discussed in another thread I and maybe also other users would found it very practicable if it's possible to add parts of songs/pdfs to a setlist. So there would be no need to split or create a snippet for every single piece from a bigger "book" you need in one concert and annotations would be shown in the original file if you add them in the rehearsing process.

Is it technically possible?

Thank you for this great app!

(Here is the original question: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...10269.html )
What's wrong with creating snippets (or copy a song and change the page order, which is technically the same)?
You should be aware what happens:
- a snippet does NOT copy the file, just the song entry in the database, so it needs almost no disk space ( except a few bytes for another database entry), the copied song uses the same file which remains unchanged
- MobileSheets works with the SONGs, so setlist or group references can point independently to each copied song, annotations are stored per song in the database (so each copy can have its own setlist entries, annotations and so on)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

He wants annotations made in the snippet to show up in the song "snipped" from and vice versa (after the creation).
(07-28-2023, 08:30 PM)BRX Wrote: He wants annotations made in the snippet to show up in the song "snipped" from and vice versa (after the creation).

Yes. :⁠-⁠)

Problem is (like mentioned in the other thread) that for professional classical musicians in some occasions it's not practicable with the "songs" because for rehearsing you need all the parts in one file but in the concert you only need your own part.
Wouldn't it work if you "recombine" the song snippets for rehearsing in a setlist or a collection?
Using "Load all" of such a setlist might help.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(07-28-2023, 10:35 PM)itsme Wrote: Wouldn't it work if you "recombine" the song snippets for rehearsing in a setlist or a collection?
Using "Load all" of such a setlist might help.

Hm that's a bit senseless, because you would need to seperate all the parts (it's not only two parts, sometimes many more) in the first place.

(Additionally it will be a big mess in the "song list" ;⁠-⁠) )
How about; make copy of full song [for rehearsing + annotations]> reorder/crop for your part after rehearsing. Then if you annotate your part you can 'reassemble' back to the original copy and the reassembled copy should now have all of the annotations.
Making a copy is insurance.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
This works if you only need parts from the file on one place in the setlist. I have concerts where I need different parts from the whole file in different places. Sorry, it's very specific but I think if it's technically possible the finest solution for such a problem (not only for me) would be a possibility to choose specific pages while adding a file to the setlist. I really thought much about it and that's why I made a feature request.
I think the issue will either be solved with song versioning (where you can have multiple versions of a song and choose what version to add to a setlist, and each version can use different pages from a file or a different file entirely) or I'd have to add support for bookmarks supporting a range of pages and acting like a psuedo song (this requires some pretty big architectural changes though). I know a lot of people are still waiting for the song versioning features and it's going to solve a lot of problems. I'm just getting bogged down with all of the different things I'm juggling so I'm behind schedule on where I'd like to be.

Mike
Both changes you mentioned sound like a possible solution. It's great to know you have this in your mind and there will be a new possibility in the future, thanks  :⁠-⁠)