• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.8.10 sync issues...
Hi, Just installed version 3.8.10. 

Problem: Sync Library fails.

Report: ...received database version 60; expected 59.  Ending Sync...

Up to this version I've never had Sync issues...

Thanks, Minstrel
That means you don't have version 3.8.10 on both devices. One device is still running version 3.8.9. The Android versions are still awaiting approval through the Google Play Store and Amazon App Store. If you need to update the Android version sooner, contact me at support@zubersoft.com and let me know which app store you purchased from.

Mike
(08-05-2023, 06:50 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That means you don't have version 3.8.10 on both devices. One device is still running version 3.8.9. The Android versions are still awaiting approval through the Google Play Store and Amazon App Store. If you need to update the Android version sooner, contact me at support@zubersoft.com and let me know which app store you purchased from.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the super quick response!

I thought that was the problem.  I'll be patient and lets the versions correct themselves.  

I almost was about to clear my entire android database hoping that would solve the issue... now glad I didn't!

Thanks again,
minstrel
Hi Mike,

I have a similar problem.  I have version 3.8.9 on my laptop and 3.8.12 on the iPad.  I don't know how to update the laptop version - I did look in the Windows Store but it appeared to want payment again and I didn't know whether that was correct.

Any advice gratefully received.

All the best.

Peter (Avon)
Did you purchase MobileSheets through the Microsoft Store? Are you making sure to use the Microsoft Store app and not a web browser? Have you verified that you are logged in with the email address you used to purchase MobileSheets? You definitely don't need to pay again if you purchased the app originally through the Microsoft Store. Updates are free.

Mike
Hmmm, definitely using the app.  I think I bought it through the Store, but it would have been in 2017 so perhaps I'm mistaken.  As for the email, that might be the problem - I'll have to check!

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards

Peter
Hi Mike, 

I've checked in the Microsoft Store App and it shows the installed version is 3.8.9 and doesn't offer an update, only the chance to Open it.  I was able to check my account and confirmed that it showed the purchase when I was in New Zealand - not sure whether that makes a difference.  

From what I can see it ought to update, but it would appear that the store doesn't have a later version than the 3.8.9.

Regards

Peter
Version 3.8.12 is available through the Microsoft Store - if Microsoft isn't letting you download it, it essentially means that it doesn't think you've purchased the app under your account for some reason. The best way to check this is to create a library backup in MobileSheets under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Llibrary, then uninstall MobileSheets, and then reinstall it through the Microsoft Store. This will ensure you are given version 3.8.12. If it asks you to pay again when trying to reinstall, that means the wrong email address is being used (or there is some other kind of account issue that you would need to contact them about).

Mike
Hi, apologies, the issue I think was my ineptitude with Microsoft Store.  The update button only shows (apparently) when there's an update - it just looked greyed out to me!.  Anyway I've now updated to 3.8.12 and all is well.

Many thanks for your patience.

Peter
Hi,
I also use MobileSheets on a Windows laptop (as a base device for new songs and edits) and an Android tablet for playing. Finally, the Android tablet has now been updated to version 3.8.12. and synch with the laptop is working again. Unfortunately, my backup tablet (Win10) is still on version 3.8.9, even though I'm logged into the Microsoft Store and it tells me that I have version 3.8.9.0 of MobileSheets installed. 
Synch has been working fine with the two WIN devices since 2020 until some days ago.

What could be done in the future to update all devices for sure to the same new version at the same time?

Many thanks for some good ideas.

Stefan
Version 3.8.12 shows up as available through the Microsoft Store, and that has been the case since I published the release notes on the forum. If you are unable to download the update, it may mean that Microsoft is not detecting that you've purchased the app. You can try backing up your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, uninstall MobileSheets, reinstall it and then restore the library. That would ensure you have version 3.8.12. The one benefit of the FastSpring version over the Microsoft Store version is that you will see an update notification immediately when starting the app after an update is available. You can choose to update the app at that time or postpone it. With the Microsoft Store version, updates will be installed in the background, but to manually install them, you have to load the store application, search for MobileSheets and tap the update button on the store page.

Mike
Hi,

I managed update on the WIN10-tablet by doing like Mike said. Here again the listed steps:
1) Backup MobileSheet database (using "settings" => "backup and restore")
2) Uninstall version 3.8.9 with "add / remove programs"
3) log into Microsoft store
4) search for MobileSheets (Microsoft found it has been already purchased)
5) Click Install => version 3.8.12 has been installed after a while.
6) Restore MobileSheet database (using "settings" => "backup and restore")

Sync between Win10-Laptop and Win10-tablet is now working again. (Since the sync problem has only come up once in 3 years now, I am fine with this solution.)

Thanks a lot to Mike for this fast support reply and congratulations to the team for the great programming work your putting in this project every day.

Stefan