• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dropbox library sync issue
Hello,
Let's do this example:

- Create Subdirectories For Songs ENABLED (as default)
- Sync device library TO a Dropbox Folder
- modify a PDF directly in the drobox library folder
- Sync FROM Dropbox to device library (Check for updated files in cloud folders ENABLED)
Result: PDF file DOESN'T get updated in device.

However, if I disable Create Subdirectories For Songs and build the library this way, the PDF file does get updated as it should.

Is this a bug or is it just me?
Thanks and regards,
Matej
Looks like a bug with the "Check for updated files" option due to the changes I made to speed up hash comparisons. Basically, MobileSheets is using the cached value for the cloud file and not checking to see if it's actually changed. So if you replace the file, MobileSheets won't know about it and won't update the cached hash value. I will implement a fix for this. Just to be clear - if you enable that option, it's going to have a fairly significant impact on the speed of the sync because MobileSheets will have to obtain the last modified timestamp of every file in the cloud folder to see if they've changed, so you will lose some of the benefits of the changes I made to speed things up. I'll include the fix with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
(08-19-2023, 09:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Looks like a bug with the "Check for updated files" option due to the changes I made to speed up hash comparisons. Basically, MobileSheets is using the cached value for the cloud file and not checking to see if it's actually changed. So if you replace the file, MobileSheets won't know about it and won't update the cached hash value. I will implement a fix for this. Just to be clear - if you enable that option, it's going to have a fairly significant impact on the speed of the sync because MobileSheets will have to obtain the last modified timestamp of every file in the cloud folder to see if they've changed, so you will lose some of the benefits of the changes I made to speed things up. I'll include the fix with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks very much. Yes, I'm still playing around to see which workflow would work best for me. So far I haven't noticed a significant delay doing this but I'll see when library size increases Smile
Regards,
Matej