• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
link to companion not working
Hi I cannot get my win 10 tablet to connect to Companion any more. i`m getting the error message "you are trying to connect an outdated version of MS." Both my tablet and companion desk top seem to be up to date,Companion ver 3.2.0 and MS ver 3.8.3. Please can anybody help?
My companion is 3.20 (like yours) but my android tablet is 3.8.12

Looks like you need to upgrade MS on the tablet.

Geoff

PS: I see you posted in the Windows forum rather than android - my answer still applies (but I've no idea what is the latest version for windows)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Version 3.8.12 is the latest version of MobileSheets. You will need to open the Microsoft Store, search for MobileSheets, and download the latest update for MobileSheets through the store page.

Mike
I posted in the Windows forum because my tablet is Win 10 and my desk top is Win 11, I`ve already tried through the Microsoft store and it says I have the latest versions
You should check out the Browser Version of the App store. Not the Appstore App. Sometimes only at the Browser Version you could see the Update.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
HI, many thanks for your reply.
What I don`t understand is ,why the correct version of MS is showing on my tablet ,3.8.12, and confirmed as correct by Mike and I viewed the change log after my tablet updated, how the version I have is still incorrect.
Normally when I sign into Play Store it shows if an update is avaiable and it is not saying that,Why does play store not display the latest version number?
Originally in MS there was an optional update, but that has now disappeared.
All I know is that the link to comapnion worked before the update and now it doesn`t,
This thing is driving me nuts, All I want to be able to do is open the app and use it for playing music not to struggle with computer jargon.
Now you have thoroughly confused me - you said you have Windows devices, but now you are mentioning the Play Store which is only for Android devices. MobileSheets has always relied on the app stores for updates unless you purchase through my FastSpring store, in which case you can check for updates and download them directly from me. If you purchased through my FastSpring store, then it will be very easy to get the app updated on your device as I can just have you downloaded the latest installer file on your device and run it. 

Due to all the confusion, it might be best if you email me directly at mike@zubersoft.com, provide the purchase information (i.e. which app store you purchased through and under which account) and the types of devices you are using and then we should hopefully be able to get this resolved. Also, if you go to Settings->About and you see version 3.8.12 listed on your tablet, then you do have the latest update on that device, and you should be able to connect to the companion app without any issues. If you are seeing an error when connection version 3.8.12, let me know what that error is, because if it's just a connection error, then you may need to adjust some network settings through Windows firewall to fix that.

I understand your frustration - if you want to simplify things, you could consider not using the companion app and just import your files on the tablet itself. There is nothing the companion provides that you can't do in the app itself on the tablet.

Mike
I`ve reported on the Windows forum problems with connecting to Companion on my win10 desk top after MS up dated on my WIn 10 tablet. Problem stated as being the version of MS is an old version.
Despite being on Windows the update appears to be for MS Android ,ver 3.8.3 and not the .WIndows version 3.8.12
I`ve just tried my Windows laptop and MS has automatically updated to the version 3.8.3 ??? Android ? and now that will not connect to Companion.
Is there something dramatically wrong with the whole system, I`m getting all kinds of strange things happening ?
has the app had a virus ?
I've merged your post back here as there really is no need for a separate thread as you are still facing the same issues and you did not respond to my previous post. Please send the information I requested to mike@zubersoft.com and I'll walk through this with you. It sounds like there is some confusion here over what versions you are using and what versions they are running, so we need to get that straightened out. There is definitely no virus. Please go to Settings->About on each device running MobileSheets, take a screenshot and send that to mike@zubersoft.com so I can see what versions you currently have on which devices. Having the Android version running on Windows does not make any sense unless it is not actually a Windows device and you are confused about that, or it's actually the Windows version of MobileSheets, in which case I'm confused why you believe it's the Android version.

Mike