• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.pdf does not exist
Hello,

I've been a MobileSheets user for a few weeks and I've imported hundreds of partitions in trouble.

However I have a whole collection of PDF files (Jazz Real Books) that don't work. When I have imported the files and try to view them and turn the pages, the message "file.pdf does not exist" appears. However, if I turn the pages by sliding my fingers instead of clicking, the message appears, but the page turns anyway. How to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance !

https://zupimages.net/up/23/34/17my.jpg
If you edit the song and go to the Files tab, how many PDFs are listed? Are these songs utilizing multiple PDFs or a single one? Is this when loading a setlist, an individual song or both? 

Thanks,
Mike
Hello,

It's just one PDF file.
I imported the file and tried to open it.  I did not use a setlist.

I have the same problem on my tablet and my phone. Yous the PDF files which pose problem, come from the same collection which one transmitted to me in the same folder (Real Book Collection). However, I can read these files without problems with a Mac, Windows or Android PDF reader.

As you can see, I get an error message when I want to "turn" the page, but I still have the option to "select" a page.  If I'm on page 244 and try to "turn" the page, the file jumps back to the first page and the error message appears.

[Image: lhsz.png]
[Image: hhxu.png]
[Image: 5b1o.png]
[Image: 8ykn.png]
PS: I believe that in the collection folder, there is a file that serves as an index to find the different pieces in the different PDF files.

I admit that I don't understand how to use it. Could the problem come from there ?

I can possibly transfer the file to you via Wetransfer or Google Drive.
The best thing to do is to long press that song on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf and share that .msf file with mike@zubersoft.com. You may need to upload it to the cloud if it's too large to send over email. I will then investigate this to see what is happening. It does seem like a link is being triggered in the PDF which goes back to the first page. MobileSheets supports PDF hyperlinks, so that may be getting triggered.  That error message is probably from MobileSheets trying to load a path listed in the PDF in the hyperlink.

Mike
I recommend using CSV import. Many CSV files should be available in the forum
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Hello,

Thank you for your reply !

I just sent you an email.
Indeed the .msf file (and not .msv as I wrote in the email), was too large for sending by email. So I hosted it on my Google Drive and added the folder that includes all the problematic PDFs (if you want to look).

Regarding the import of CSV, it may be a solution, but there I do not see how to solve the problem.
So the problem is this file has hyperlinks over every single page (a giant invisible box that links back to the first page). The file behaves this way if I load it in Adobe Acrobat and I click on any page. However, there is a workaround - if you go to Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference and switch it to "Speed", that PDF library can better distinguish between different types of links, and it ignores these links. 

To better handle files like this, I will add an option in a future update to ignore PDF hyperlinks.

Mike
Thanks again for your help !!!  Smile
You are very welcome - thanks for working with me to figure this out.

Mike