• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link points triggering out of order
I'm running version 3.8.13 and am having a problem with link points that jump backwards in a song.

Basically, I'm trying to do a basic D.S. / Coda jump behavior.  I've got my pedal set to "Activate Link Point or Turn Page".  The first link in the list is "From Page 147 to Page 144" (D.S.).  The second link is "From Page 145 to Page 147" (To Coda).   FYI, I'm using a PDF with all the band parts, so that's why the page numbers are high.

I get to page 145 with the "To Coda" jump.  I expect MSP to ignore this link since it's second on the list, but it activates when I do a pedal tap.  Since the jump is to page 147, which has the D.S. link, the next pedal tap takes me back to page 144, so I'm stuck in a loop.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Please long press your song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com. I tested this with a simple example, and I cannot reproduce what you are describing. The link points trigger in the order I would expect. 

Thanks,
Mike
(08-30-2023, 05:25 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please long press your song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com. I tested this with a simple example, and I cannot reproduce what you are describing. The link points trigger in the order I would expect. 

Thanks,
Mike

On its way.  Thanks, Mike!
If anyone references this post, the problem was that the wrong pedal action was selected. "Activate Link Point or Turn Page" was selected which is actually a little different from "Activate Next Link or Go to Next Page". "Activate Link Point or Turn Page" will activate any link it finds on the current page, and if no link is found, it will turn to the next page. The second action will trigger link points in a specific order. 

Mike
Maybe "Activate any Link Point or Turn Page" ?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12