• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random song displays
A bug that was fixed a while ago seems to have re-appeared. It's the occasional unrequested loading of previous songs. The requested song appears, then after a couple of seconds it disappears and a previous one pops up. It also occasionally happens when a set-list is loaded - one of the set's songs is replaced by an unrelated song that was in use earlier.
I'm running the latest MS version on two machines - a Nexus 10 running Android 4.4.2 and a Yarvik tab463 running Android 4.0.4, and the problem occurs on both.
Best wishes, Ray
Yep, I think that happened to me a couple of times.

(12-25-2013, 08:36 PM)raysa Wrote: A bug that was fixed a while ago seems to have re-appeared. It's the occasional unrequested loading of previous songs. The requested song appears, then after a couple of seconds it disappears and a previous one pops up. It also occasionally happens when a set-list is loaded - one of the set's songs is replaced by an unrelated song that was in use earlier.
I'm running the latest MS version on two machines - a Nexus 10 running Android 4.4.2 and a Yarvik tab463 running Android 4.0.4, and the problem occurs on both.
Best wishes, Ray
I really thought this problem was fixed. It was related to using the same song multiple times in a setlist. If you are still experiencing this issue with MobileSheets v4.1.6, then I'll have to investigate it some more.

Thanks,
Mike
(12-26-2013, 03:45 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I really thought this problem was fixed. It was related to using the same song multiple times in a setlist. If you are still experiencing this issue with MobileSheets v4.1.6, then I'll have to investigate it some more.

Thanks,
Mike

Mke

I think it happend to me without using a setlist. Maybe I was using a collection, but I don't think I was using a setlist.

It only seemed to happen right after loading in the song. (I thought maybe I hit something to change the song by accident).
Same experience here, for me it seems related to adding a new song, then attempting to display it.
(12-26-2013, 11:01 AM)Marshland Wrote: Same experience here, for me it seems related to adding a new song, then attempting to display it.

Yes, I think that was the same in my case.
Yes, Mike - I'm using v4.1.6 on both machines, and the problem still occurs. It's intermittent - perhaps one in every six times I load a song or set. Sometimes it's when sets are loaded but sometimes just single tunes. Sometimes with single tunes at the first loading after opening the app, so not even a case of remembering a tune from earlier that session.

And I don't have any setlists containing the same song more than once.

Cheers, Ray
I have had a few where I loaded a song (after adding that song through the MS Companion). It switched on its own to another song and then switched back (on its own) to the song I had selected. This all occurred within a few seconds.

The good news is this issue does not seem to cause a major problem in terms of performance/use. It seems to only occur when you just load the song (and it is corrected pretty quickly). It only seems to happen to me upon loading the first song (after adding a new song to MS) and starting a MS session. It does not seems to happen again during that MS session.

But it definitely seems to be some type of glitch.
Not a major problem, agreed, but it would be nice to be rid of it. It is quite annoying when another player calls for a tune, you load it up and then just as you take up the instrument and are about to start playing, the tune displayed suddenly switches to another one.

As mentioned before, sometimes it's when sets are loaded but sometimes just single tunes, and sometimes with single tunes at the first loading after opening the app, so it's not even a case of remembering a tune from earlier that session. And I don't have any setlists containing the same song more than once, so it's not that earlier problem mentioned.

Happening with Mobilesheets v4.1.6, and on two separate tablets - one running Android 4.0.4 and the other running Android 4.4.2

Ray
That is definitely annoying, and not acceptable. I will make sure it gets fixed in this next update.

Mike