• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
embedded chordpro directives
I found this list of chordpro directives: https://chordpro.org/chordpro/chordpro-directives/.

(Also, in case anyone is looking for a reformatter to put text into chordpro format, I have found this link very useful: https://ukegeeks.com/tools/)

I know that some of the chordpro directives are supported in MobileSheets. I have successfully embedded the "newpage" command, which helps where my tablets are not all the same size/resolution, so that the page turns can match up. (Big mistake not buying all matching tablets, though ...)

Our group does song intros and "instrumentals" by typing out the chords/lyrics for the chord pattern we want (the words will give the players the timing for the chord pattern). One of our players requested that I put the font in a different color for that section. I categorically told him I couldn't do it ... which seems to have proven true. I tried, for instance, {textcolour:blue}. I also tried {textcolor:blue}. Nope, text stayed black.

However, I was able to shrink down the text size for the applicable lines with {textsize:9} followed by {textsize:14} after the passage, so that does provide a visual cue as to whether the singers should be singing or not. It don't think the abbreviation worked -- {ts:9}, although I did find that  the {np} abbreviation works in place of {newpage}.

I wonder if there is a "return to default" textsize directive.  Since my default text setting is 14, ending the section with {textsize:14} works, but if I were to change the default, then I would have a mis-match anywhere I previously embedded the textsize:14 directive.

Thanks!
The ChordPro specification states that {textsize} (i.e., without size argument) should restore the previous state. Same for {...font}, {...color}, {chord...}, {text...} etc.
Note that 'previous state' is not exactly 'return to default' but it is the behaviour you want most of the time.

AFAIK MobileSheets supports this.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I don't think I properly support that actually. I don't track what the "previous state" was, so there isn't a way at the moment to return to that. I'll have to add changes to track the previous state, so I'll add that to the list.

Mike
(09-12-2023, 03:51 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I don't think I properly support that actually. I don't track what the "previous state" was, so there isn't a way at the moment to return to that. I'll have to add changes to track the previous state, so I'll add that to the list.

Mike

Ok, thanks. Yes, I did try the directive without a parameter as suggested, but nothing happened.