• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page Order - reduce "touches/clicks"
Hello!

I often edit pdf page order so that I show only the first page of a lead sheet before a page turn shows the chordpro pages. 

Is it technically possible to edit the page order directly without the pop-up?  Rather than the pop-up, turn that touch into an edit cursor directly.

Thanks for a great product that I appreciate every time I use it!
I'm currently finishing up an entirely new dialog for rearranging, duplicating and removing pages. There will still be an option to manually enter in the pages for those that prefer that, but it will also provide thumbnails of each page with the ability to drag & drop, insert blank pages or templates between pages, insert/combine files, or quickly duplicate a page. So unfortunately, I'm actually adding extra steps for those that would prefer to just enter in the numbers themselves. Having said that, one potential change I could make is that a long press on the page order field would allow for immediate editing of the text, and then a little checkmark and cancel button could appear beside the field. Any changes made in the page order field would only take effect once you confirm the changes. I need to implement it this way because I don't want to try to process page order changes as the user is actively typing, and there isn't an easy way to clear the text field focus, so I need a dedicated button to be pressed.

Mike
Thanks, Mike, that sounds like a lot of work.

One option could be that the thumbnails open with check marks on them, then unselect the pages not needed.  Your suggestion of a long press to immediately edit the field is solid too, especially if it highlights the text so directly typing a 1 overwrites whatever was there.

Thank you for continually improving an already great product!
Would it be possible to make it so that any 'blank pages' added could be croppable? At the moment added blanks don't seem to be croppable.
With the new features coming, that will be possible when using PDFs, as you can use the new "rearrange" feature to add blank pages anywhere in a PDF you want, and this will modify the PDF itself versus creating a separate "file" in the file list. So the blank pages will be just like any other PDF page that you can crop, use the annotation snipping feature, etc. This same update is also adding an option to combine files into one PDF inside the song editor, as well as an option to convert files to PDF. I added those so that users can take advantage of the new rearrange features if desired even if they started out using images or a text/chord pro file.

Mike
Excellent thanks