• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync library between 2 accounts on same computer
I want to create a 2nd Kiosk account and sync my library between my current account and this new account. I'm sure this is easy and I'm just missing something obvious. 

Thanks in advance.

Tracy
To transfer your library, the simplest way to handle this is to create a library backup file on your old tablet, transfer that to your new tablet and then restore your library using it. To do this, open MobileSheets on your old tablet, tap the three dots at the top right of the library screen and then tap Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. This will generate a .msb file in the folder you select which can be on the device or in the cloud. If you selected a local folder, transfer the file from that folder to the other tablet. Open MobileSheets on the new tablet, then go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. After the restore completes, you will have access to your entire library on that device.

To sync the libraries on each device (which is faster for handling any small changes made after restoring the backup file), you can use the "Sync Library" feature in MobileSheets. To access this, tap the three dots at the top right of the library screen and then tap Sync Library->Synchronize to a device. You can then connect the devices over WiFi and changes will be merged between the two devices. If possible, it's better to make changes on one device at a time and use a one-directional sync, but you can also perform a two-way sync if needed. This just doesn't currently handle deletions properly (things that are deleted on one tablet but still exist on the other will be recreated).

Mike
Thanks but I think I didn't explain myself well. I'm using just 1 device, but two accounts, one of which is a Kiosk account. I just want to sync the library (or share the library if that's possible) between 2 accounts on the same machine.

Tracy
I would think that if both accounts have access to the app you wouldn't need to do a sync.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Each account has its own database but I want them to use the same database.
If you install MobileSheets under two different accounts, my advice is still relevant - just backup the library on one account and restore that backup on the other account. Or you can sync the cloud and sync MobileSheets on both accounts to the same cloud folder. Alternatively, you can go to Settings->Storage, change the storage location on each account to the same folder, and also check the option to "Expose Database". This needs to be a folder in internal storage (not on an SD card). Then MobileSheets will share the same files and database for both accounts.

Mike
(09-24-2023, 10:06 AM)Zubersoft Thank you! Wrote: If you install MobileSheets under two different accounts, my advice is still relevant - just backup the library on one account and restore that backup on the other account. Or you can sync the cloud and sync MobileSheets on both accounts to the same cloud folder. Alternatively, you can go to Settings->Storage, change the storage location on each account to the same folder, and also check the option to "Expose Database". This needs to be a folder in internal storage (not on an SD card). Then MobileSheets will share the same files and database for both accounts.

Mike
Thank you. I cannot find the 'Expose Database' option. I don't have that option under 'Storage'.

Tracy
Oh I apologize - I missed that this is for the Windows version. That's going to be a problem, as the database file has to be stored in the application data directory which is different per user. So there is no way to have both accounts share the same file (but you can manually copy it between directories if needed). The database file (mobilesheets.db) can be found under this directory: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState

If you change the storage location to a different folder that is the same for both accounts, then it's really just that one file that you need to sync between accounts.

Mike
Thanks again.
(09-24-2023, 08:11 AM)tracyross Wrote: Thanks but I think I didn't explain myself well. I'm using just 1 device, but two accounts, one of which is a Kiosk account. I just want to sync the library (or share the library if that's possible) between 2 accounts on the same machine.

Tracy

Tracy,

How did you install MS into the 2nd account?  Did you purchase a 2nd license?    I want to do exactly the same thing -- set up 2nd account to auto-start MS so that I can get right to selecting music...  

thx
dave.lynn
I just set up a 'kiosk' account and selected Mobilesheets as the application.

Tracy
(11-01-2023, 03:51 AM)tracyross Wrote: I just set up a 'kiosk' account and selected Mobilesheets as the application.

Tracy

Thanks -- I saw that option -- I'll give it a try.