• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing a pdf
Hi,
Is there a way to edit imported PDF's so I can loose stuff I don't need?

For instance I am going to play bass and got sendt a choir score with a piano part with chords under the choir staves. I want to get rid of the choir and have all the piano staves line up in order.
In the analog days of paper I would cut out the parts and tape them to a sheet of paper, can I do something similar in MobileSheets?
I was told For score has this function, but I'm on Android and Windows, so thats not an option.

Sorry if I missed this feature here.

All the best,

Frode
Sort of. Use the snipping tool to copy and paste parts of the screen to another. This technically doesn’t change the pdf, rather puts a bunch of pictures on top of it. MS isn’t really the best tool for what you’re wanting to do, but it will work.
I hope at some point to be able to support something a little better for this where users can cut out entire horizontal sections of pages, collapse multiple pages into one if needed, and then save the changes. However, this will require rebuilding the entire PDF, and would cause link points, smart buttons, annotations, etc, to most likely be positioned incorrectly, as the pages will change drastically after doing this.

Mike
You cant really do that effectively in MS. If you wan to to pre-edit pdf before you import it to mobile sheets, you can do what you want fastest with partifi. It is a free online tool. Just google it. Hope that helped.
(09-27-2023, 08:02 PM)frodebassist@gmail.com Wrote: Hi,
Is there a way to edit imported PDF's so I can loose stuff I don't need?

For instance I am going to play bass and got sendt a choir score with a piano part with chords under the choir staves. I want to get rid of the choir and have all the piano staves line up in order.
In the analog days of paper I would cut out the parts and tape them to a sheet of paper, can I do something similar in MobileSheets?
I was told For score has this function, but I'm on Android and Windows, so thats not an option.

Sorry if I missed this feature here.

All the best,

Frode

.................................................................................

sorry  i'm very new to mobilesheets and don't know how to reply/ask a question

i'm trying to edit an imported pdf (too large to import here) and use 'edit song' to clean up the import. i right click the filename then edit song.
i change the crop lines and rotate the page then say OK but no changes are made. what am i doing wrong?
Where are you looking for the changes? Rotating and cropping are applied only in MobileSheets - the original file is not modified. If you want to save changes like that to the original file, you'll have to export the file by long pressing the song on the library screen, then tapping Share->Export files. This will output a PDF with the cropping/rotation/annotations/etc. Alternatively, the next update is adding a redesigned page ordering feature along with an image correction feature - that would let you modify the original PDF, apply cropping and rotation to it, etc, and then MobileSheets will use the modified PDF.

Mike