• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix inconsistent (?) database
I am a new user and very impressed by the program. But in my experimenting I created a problem that I am unable to solve.

My question summarized: Can I delete a specific song from the database, in case deleting it from the Songs listing does not get rid of it?

The situation is: I have MobileSheets running on both iPad and Mac mini M2. I use the sync feature between them with Dropbox.

I have created a set of over 100 songs so far. I added audio files to almost all of them. I also created annotations on all of the image files. These annotations I did on the iPad, the other work on the Mac, always taking care to sync back and forth. So far so good.

For one of the files I wanted to repeat some pages, to account for some repeats. I tried to add this as an extra song to the program, and edit that version, also keeping the original.

There something must have gone wrong - after synching I got multiple copies of the song, plus the extended version. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program did not help, not on the iPad and not on the Mac. I deleted the songs in the Songs listing. I also deleted the folder ~/Library/Containers/MobileSheet, and that made the program start empty again. I also removed the offending songs (i.e., their folders) from Dropbox. But after sync theses songs reappeared, but they were not working (error messages that the pdf's could not be found), and the mp3's would not play.

I think the problem is that I accidentally broke the connection between the database and the song folders. 

My question is not what I did wrong, which cannot be answered I think, but how to fix the database to get rid of the problem songs. Of course I could remove the Dropbox files and recreate all the songs from their pdf and mp3 files, but that would be a lot of work in itself, and worse, I would lose all my annotations.

My question boils down to: Is there a way to delete all information about a specific song from the database, so that I can sync all other songs to their original state without introducing ghost songs with errors? Thanks a lot!
Deleting a song from the Songs tab should absolutely delete everything to do with that song from the database. Do you still see a song listed if you close and restart the application after doing that? If you send mobilesheets.db to mike@zubersoft.com, I can open it up with a SQLite application, take a look at the data and remove things if needed. I'm very curious how things ended up in this state though, because copying a song and then modifying the copy, or renaming a file and importing the second version of that file should definitely not cause issues of any kind.

Mike
(10-06-2023, 01:23 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Deleting a song from the Songs tab should absolutely delete everything to do with that song from the database. Do you still see a song listed if you close and restart the application after doing that? If you send mobilesheets.db to mike@zubersoft.com, I can open it up with a SQLite application, take a look at the data and remove things if needed. I'm very curious how things ended up in this state though, because copying a song and then modifying the copy, or renaming a file and importing the second version of that file should definitely not cause issues of any kind.

Mike

I sent you the db file and some screenshots.

Just a thought: It may be possible that I deleted a song folder from disk without going through the app first. If so, that might have initially triggered the problem. But does not explain I think that after deleting the song from the app the problem persists. Maybe there has been some interplay with the sync? Just guessing. Thanks for looking into this.