• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedal actions setting Airturn BT500 S-2
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I am french. Excuse my bad English.
I have been using Mobile Sheets Pro since April 2003. I bought in May 2023 an AirTurn BT500 S-2 pedal (BT500S-2 v3.0.9 10E2) ...I am very annoyed and I need your help.
Since then I have used it at home for about 50 hours. It worked perfectly. Since yesterday it does not work. I use it with MobileSheets with an Android tablet samsung galaxy A8.
The pedal appears well when bluetooth is activated It appears the serial number but in the available devices area it is written: no device found. I did a lot of manipulations and I still can’t make it work.
I tried to do a reset factory…but today the pedal appears well in the area with its serial number but in the area available devices it is indicated "no device found."
The pedal appears well on the tablet and the area with its serial number but in the area available devices it is indicated no device found. In the settings of the mobilsheets pedals it also appears in the air turn support information. ADDED TO APP - ADD AIRDIRECT AIRTURN and serial number. But it still does not work. I hope you can help me because I am desperate for this situation.

But just now, after a lot of manipulation, I have just managed to pair the pedal. The signal is sent to the tablet. I'm happy but the pages don't turn. I looked on the settings page "pedal actions settings" and I see under PEDALE 1 the keys :
DPAD_DOWN,DPAD_UP. I did a test by going to a website and I see that the pages go up or down. How can I change this value so that I turn the pages by pressing the buttons on my pedal? can I modify it by changing the value of the keys ? The AirTurn Support is not activated. I think I need to change the mode. Which mode should I choose to activate the next page, previous page only function? I'm afraid of doing something stupid...
I don't know why without modifying anything the pedal was no longer operational? Perhaps the reason is the software update of the tablet a few days ago?
In advance I thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards 
:)
Hello,

Sometimes this can take a bit of trial and error to figure out what isn't working.  Please try the following:

1) Open the AirTurn Manager App on your tablet, and see if a firmware update is available for the pedal. If so, install it.
2) If the pedal is currently paired in the bluetooth settings, unpair it and forget the pairing.
3) Put the pedal in mode 1, and hold the power button for 9 seconds (it should blink three times and then you can release).
4) Turn the pedal back on, open MobileSheets and go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->AirTurn Direct Mode. Also make sure you have granted MobileSheets bluetooth access and/or access to nearby devices if you haven't already done so. This is critical for connecting the pedal (you should also go to the main tablet settings->Apps->MobileSheets->Permissions and verify that you've granted the permission and it hasn't been turned off, as that can happen after a while).
5) Turn on the AirTurn support toggle, connect the pedal, then go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions. Tap the keys field for pedal 1, then tap Clear. Now press the pedal switch. If a key shows up, you are in good shape. Set the action for the pedal and repeat with the keys field for pedal 2.
6) If this doesn't work, close MobileSheets, put the pedal in mode 3, hold the power for 9 seconds again, go to the tablet bluetooth settings, pair the pedal, then go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, and try to set the pedal keys again.

Hopefully that will get the pedal working again, either in mode 1 or mode 3. Let me know if you run into issues with this.

Mike
(10-07-2023, 05:06 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello,
Sometimes this can take a bit of trial and error to figure out what isn't working.  Please try the following:
1) Open the AirTurn Manager App on your tablet, and see if a firmware update is available for the pedal. If so, install it.
2) If the pedal is currently paired in the bluetooth settings, unpair it and forget the pairing.
3) Put the pedal in mode 1, and hold the power button for 9 seconds (it should blink three times and then you can release).
4) Turn the pedal back on, open MobileSheets and go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->AirTurn Direct Mode. Also make sure you have granted MobileSheets bluetooth access and/or access to nearby devices if you haven't already done so. This is critical for connecting the pedal (you should also go to the main tablet settings->Apps->MobileSheets->Permissions and verify that you've granted the permission and it hasn't been turned off, as that can happen after a while).
5) Turn on the AirTurn support toggle, connect the pedal, then go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions. Tap the keys field for pedal 1, then tap Clear. Now press the pedal switch. If a key shows up, you are in good shape. Set the action for the pedal and repeat with the keys field for pedal 2.
6) If this doesn't work, close MobileSheets, put the pedal in mode 3, hold the power for 9 seconds again, go to the tablet bluetooth settings, pair the pedal, then go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, and try to set the pedal keys again.
Hopefully that will get the pedal working again, either in mode 1 or mode 3. Let me know if you run into issues with this.
Mike

Thank you very much Mike for your advice and the procedure. I followed your advice (I started again twice)
unfortunately, I did not succeed in mode 1 or mode 3 in making the pedal work with MobilleSheets. And more annoying, like Friday cannot connect the pedal and yet it appears in bluetooth devices. But it is mentioned " connection to the device (serial number) is impossible. when I try to connect with Air Turn Manager it says :
Connection failed – connection to BT500S-2 V3.0.9 10 E2 failed :io.nrgtech.rxandroid.exceptions.BleDisconnectedException : Disconnected from MAC='C7:6F:4C:F3:21:XX' wirh status 0 (GATT_SUCCESS) ???
I have to go on the road for concerts. I can write to you again on Monday when I return. Thank you again for your help and patience.
Can you pair the pedal with the tablet without using MS?  If not, then MS won't be able to access it.

Does someone else in your group have a working pedal If so, does your pedal work on their tablet and/or their pedal on your tablet? - This could identify whether it is a problem with your pedal (rather than the connection)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(10-07-2023, 07:52 PM)Jeanco81 Wrote:
Mike

Thank you very much Mike for your advice and the procedure. I followed your advice (I started again twice)
unfortunately, I did not succeed in mode 1 or mode 3 in making the pedal work with MobilleSheets. And more annoying, like Friday cannot connect the pedal and yet it appears in bluetooth devices. But it is mentioned " connection to the device (serial number) is impossible. when I try to connect with Air Turn Manager it says :
Connection failed – connection to BT500S-2 V3.0.9 10 E2 failed :io.nrgtech.rxandroid.exceptions.BleDisconnectedException : Disconnected from MAC='C7:6F:4C:F3:21:XX' wirh status 0 (GATT_SUCCESS) ???
I have to go on the road for concerts. I can write to you again on Monday when I return. Thank you again for your help and patience.

That's definitely not a good sign. If the AirTurn Manager app can't connect, you may need to contact AirTurn about that error to see if they have any recommendations. You may have to return the pedal... I'm assuming you tried holding the power for 9 seconds to reset the pedal before trying to connect to the AirTurn Manager app, but if not, give that a try.

Mike
(10-08-2023, 03:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 07:52 PM)Jeanco81 Wrote:
Mike

That's definitely not a good sign. If the AirTurn Manager app can't connect, you may need to contact AirTurn about that error to see if they have any recommendations. You may have to return the pedal... I'm assuming you tried holding the power for 9 seconds to reset the pedal before trying to connect to the AirTurn Manager app, but if not, give that a try.

Mike

Mike,
thank you for your reply. When I got home yesterday I contacted AirTurn. Here is their response : "Just reset the pedal, as that resets the Bluetooth connections. To do that turn the pedal on. It just needs to be sitting there blinking. Then press, and hold down the Power button for 20 seconds to reset the pedal. Turn the pedal back on after the reset if needed. Try to pair. You can't pair in Mode 1. I had suggested Mode 2, or Mode 3."

I think I'm going crazy with this problem... I followed their advice. Now the pedal is well recognized. I used mode 3. I did a test by going to a website. I can scroll through pages on this site. Only…
In MobileSheets I go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings- (I have not activated “Air Turn Support”) On "Pedal Actions " I open PEDALE 1 and I press the right button of the pedal. I see the key : PAGE-DOWN or PAGE_DOWN, PAGE_UP if I press on the left button. by clicking on "action" and clicking on the small down arrow on the right of the screen, I bring up the "select pedal action" screen. But it is checked "go to next page". So I don't know what I need to do to be able to rotate my scores. Help ! Please. Thanks again.
Well that's good news that the pairing was successful. If you are in mode 3, you should be able to go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, tap the Keys field for pedal 1, tap "Clear", press the left pedal switch and you should see PAGE_UP. Repeat this for pedal 2 and you should see PAGE_DOWN. You only want one key assigned to each pedal in this case. If you have both PAGE_DOWN and PAGE_UP assigned to each pedal action, then the pedal actions are going to cancel each other out, as you would go to the next page then to previous, or vice versa. Hopefully that is the source of the problem you are seeing.

Mike
(10-11-2023, 03:32 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Well that's good news that the pairing was successful. If you are in mode 3, you should be able to go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, tap the Keys field for pedal 1, tap "Clear", press the left pedal switch and you should see PAGE_UP. Repeat this for pedal 2 and you should see PAGE_DOWN. You only want one key assigned to each pedal in this case. If you have both PAGE_DOWN and PAGE_UP assigned to each pedal action, then the pedal actions are going to cancel each other out, as you would go to the next page then to previous, or vice versa. Hopefully that is the source of the problem you are seeing.

Mike

Mike,
I think I'm expressing myself poorly or that we don't understand each other.
You mention pedal 1 and pedal 2. I only have an AirTurn pedal with two buttons; one on the right and the other on the left. When it worked well I used the right button to turn my pages (musical scores) and the left to go back.
Indeed I notice that when I press the one on the right after having cleared the field there is page DOWN and when I press the button on the left page up.
Does this mean that each button in MobileSheets is considered a pedal?
Another thing that I don't understand in each "Action" line is written "Go to the next page" In english: go to the next page. However, in the long list displayed in the "select pedal action" window (window accessible with the small downward arrow on the right) it is "go to the next page" which is checked and not scroll to the top (or bottom) of the page...
I stop writing. I finally succeeded. Smile I understood that the fact that there are two buttons on the pedal corresponds to two pedals in the parameters. My current situation is therefore Pedal 1 right button KEY: PAGE DOWN - Action: go to the next song Pedal 2 left button KEY: PAGE UP Action go to the previous song. The main thing is that it works but I don't understand why the system mentions for the right button PAGE DOWN for the action "go to the next song" and for the left button (PEDALE2) PAGE UP for the action go back to the song previous ? I would understand better if there was an indication for the right button (pedal 1) PAGE UP for the Go to the next song action and the opposite for the left button which allows you to go back?
A bog thank you for your invaluable help. thank you also for being patient… Have a nice day. Here it’s 11:00 PM and I’m going to sleep.
Jean-Marie
Jean-Marie,

When I say "Pedal", I really mean "Pedal Switch", as that is what is meant under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions. Each pedal listed there just means an individual pedal switch. Perhaps I can change the labels at some point to say "Pedal Switch 1", "Pedal Switch 2", etc, to avoid confusion.

You can choose what pedal switch you want to represent pedal 1, and what pedal switch you want to represent pedal 2, because it's up to you what pedal switch you press after tapping the "Keys" field for that pedal switch. You can then choose whatever action you want for that pedal switch from the dropdown. Also, to be clear, if you tap the dropdown, you get to pick the action from the scrollable dialog that is displayed. If you actually tap the Pedal 1 button, or pedal 2 button, it will first make you press the switch for the pedal keys dialog, then ask you to pick the action for that pedal switch. 

I'm not sure I understand your confusion about the pedal actions you've selected. Also, to be clear, normally users would select something like "Go to previous page" for the left pedal switch, or "Scroll up or go to previous page", and for the right pedal, "Go to next page" or "Scroll down or go to next page". If you select "Go to previous song" and "Go to next song", you are going to jump completely between songs regardless of how many pages are present. For a multi-page song, you won't be able to turn pages with the pedal. I don't know if that is what you want, so I'm just mentioning it in case.

Mike
(10-11-2023, 10:27 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Jean-Marie,

When I say "Pedal", I really mean "Pedal Switch", as that is what is meant under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions. Each pedal listed there just means an individual pedal switch. Perhaps I can change the labels at some point to say "Pedal Switch 1", "Pedal Switch 2", etc, to avoid confusion.

You can choose what pedal switch you want to represent pedal 1, and what pedal switch you want to represent pedal 2, because it's up to you what pedal switch you press after tapping the "Keys" field for that pedal switch. You can then choose whatever action you want for that pedal switch from the dropdown. Also, to be clear, if you tap the dropdown, you get to pick the action from the scrollable dialog that is displayed. If you actually tap the Pedal 1 button, or pedal 2 button, it will first make you press the switch for the pedal keys dialog, then ask you to pick the action for that pedal switch. 

I'm not sure I understand your confusion about the pedal actions you've selected. Also, to be clear, normally users would select something like "Go to previous page" for the left pedal switch, or "Scroll up or go to previous page", and for the right pedal, "Go to next page" or "Scroll down or go to next page". If you select "Go to previous song" and "Go to next song", you are going to jump completely between songs regardless of how many pages are present. For a multi-page song, you won't be able to turn pages with the pedal. I don't know if that is what you want, so I'm just mentioning it in case.

Mike

Hello Mike. Indeed there is something that I did not understand, this is : Each pedal listed here simply means an individual pedal switch. 
You write: Maybe I can change the labels at some point to say "Pedal Switch 1", "Pedal Switch 2", etc., to avoid confusion.
I think that would be a good thing. One question : you write "Maybe I can change". Are you Mickael Zuber the brilliant creator of this fabulous MobileSheets software? Now on the pedal actions screen there is: PEDAL 1 key: PAGE_DOWN - Action: go to the next song. PEDAL 2 key: PAGE UP - Action: go back to the previous song and this works perfectly for me. Thank you for the information on multi-page scores. I play the piano and other keyboards to accompany a singer, mainly jazz, bossas and latin music tracks. There are few pages and I created a .pdf file for each page. This would be more boring for more classical music scores.
Thanks a lot for your support. Have a good day. Respectful greetings.
Jean-Marie
It sounds as though you are using single page "songs" in a setlist with the pedal settings moving you to an adjacent song.

You can get this effect by moving to the next/previous page (rather than song).

This also has the advantage that when you start using multi-page songs, you can use the same pedal actions to cycle through the pages (which as Mike says, is probably what you want to do rather than jump unexpectedly to the next song).

Unless the songs are truly single page, from a file management point of view it is probably easiest to put them all in a single physical file rather than handling multiple files.

You can use a .csv file to split a multi-song file into separate entries that you can then use in setlists and/or collections i.e. one physical file but you can reference the songs as though they are separate entities

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Jean-Marie,

Yes, I am Michael Zuber, the creator of MobileSheets. Zubersoft is just a one-person team, so you are only ever going to be interacting with me Smile

Mike