• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
one page and two page modes
Hi Group.
I'm using the app for classical piano accompanying.  Other users have commented that they like to switch between one page mode for learning the score and then two page/landscape for performing.  Is there a way of saving a default set of touch action preferences for each of the 2 modes such that I need not reset all the touch actions each time I decide to switch modes?
Thanks for any info.
There isn't an option to have different touch actions set per display mode. No other user has ever requested that before, so it's not really something I've considered supporting. Can you explain more about why you need different touch actions when learning vs performing? I'd like to know more about the need for that.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike.  In two page mode, I configure most of the screen touch zones for two page forward, and in one page mode, I reset all zones for single page forward or backward.   As there are many zones, one currently can do the configurations to include both one and two page advance as one standard/default, BUT in the heat of a fast moving performance, there usually isn't time [or spare mental energy] to dart the finger into the proper configured screen zone reproducibly.   It would be neat to go into the touch actions screen and be able to configure/save two modes rather than doing the several touch zone pulldowns and risking making a mistake each time I switch modes.  Upon reorientation of the tablet into landscape mode, a popup might prompt :  "Switch to two page presets?", etc for single page. 
[Until I break down and switch to pedal.]
Thanks for reading,
TC
These are the types of things I can certainly consider for the future, but I have a full workload with all of the feature requests and other changes I've promised. So I can look into this next year at some point, but I can't really raise the priority on it unless a lot of other users ask for it as well. From the sounds of it you basically want to save configured settings under a name, have a new way to switch between saved touch action configurations, and also have an option to automatically assign different touch action configurations to different tablet orientations. That's going to require a lot of code changes, UI updates, changes to configuration files, etc. 

Mike
Hello TC,

I know I'm a little bit late to respond but having read your request I was wondering if you couldn't just solve it by setting the mode of turning pages to a "two page advance" in two-page-mode. For this you tap in the middle of the screen when a song is opened and then tap the fifth icon from the left on the bottom left which is either a 1 or a 2 with a square around it. This way you would always turn two pages in two-page-mode. The setting only appears in two-page-mode.

Another tip: If you want more "safety" in a performance situation I would recommend turning on performance mode. You find it by tapping in the bottom right corner of the screen and then tapping the middle icon with a little lock. This way the song overlay won't be turned on and the area of the screen that you can tap to advance a page (or in your case two pages) is increased (you can also touch the middle).

Kindly,
Malte
Thank you Malte and Mike.

I've since learned that my Samsung tablet was overwhelmed by the complex screen configuration by zone and was seizing up when it was unsure about which zone I was in.  So I went back to single page forward/backward only, which is working fine; I just write instructions to myself to "advance one" or "advance two" depending on where the opportunities in the score present.

And yes, the performance mode is superb for avoiding surprises.

Great product.