• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help Constructing sets
Mr. Moderator,
This is a bounce off Bazza's post regarding set construction of 1 May, 23. It's a request for that detailed example you suggested. I couldn't tell whether you were meaning that you would do this or that Bazza, the original poster should do it. Either way, I'm brand new at MSP & don't know what I don't know. But I think I want to do what Bazza is talking about, except I don't understand any of the terminology in the manual. I've been reading through the forum for days looking for something I recognize & haven't yet found it.
I play Irish tunes, jigs, reels, hornpipes, etc. They are normally played as 2, 3, or more tunes in a row before ending & amongst Irish musicians, that would be a set. Put 8 or 10 of those sets together & you've got a setlist that represents what you'll play for 45 minutes at a concert, or the program for an evening's Contra dance.
I've used the snipping tool to abstract individual tunes from pdf collections of tunes which I now have as individual pieces. When I put them together into sets, I'd like to have all 3 tunes display on the same page when loaded, as one pdf file. At the moment, I've only been able to see them one at a time, then turn the page for the next.
Help?
Thanks, J.P.
Whatever you want to see on one page, you'll have to put on one page.
Have you tried putting all 30 [10 - 3 tune 'sets'] of the tunes you intend to play in order then 'Load All'. you will have to start/stop the scrolling of each 'set'. The only other way I know of is to put tunes 1, 2, and 3 into one folder with it's own name. That could get to be a bit of a hassle after awhile.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
It can be done with the features that are already available in MobileSheets.
I'm preparing a step by step example that I plan to post next week when I'm back home.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

J.P.,

If you use the vertical scrolling display mode (this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0 discusses switching display modes), your pages will be stacked vertically, so you can see them all at once, and there is an option to remove gaps between pages if desired. However, you still need to add them all to a setlist to view them all at once. Alternatively, if you are using a single PDF, just change the page for a single song to contain all of the pages of the individual songs you created. Then the single song will display all of the pages at once like you wanted. The next update includes a redesign of the page ordering UI (it will be much easier to use and more powerful), so that my help with this once it's available.

Mike
(10-10-2023, 04:49 PM)itsme Wrote: It can be done with the features that are already available in MobileSheets.
I'm preparing a step by step example that I plan to post next week when I'm back
Thank you, Itsme, I can wait for that.
J.P.
(10-10-2023, 04:53 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: J.P.,

If you use the vertical scrolling display mode (this video discusses switching display modes), your pages will be stacked vertically, so you can see them all at once, and there is an option to remove gaps between pages if desired. However, you still need to add them all to a setlist to view them all at once. Alternatively, if you are using a single PDF, just change the page for a single song to contain all of the pages of the individual songs you created. Then the single song will display all of the pages at once like you wanted. The next update includes a redesign of the page ordering UI (it will be much easier to use and more powerful), so that my help with this once it's available.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I can give that a try...
J.P.
(10-10-2023, 04:53 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: J.P.,

If you use the vertical scrolling display mode (this video discusses switching display modes), your pages will be stacked vertically, so you can see them all at once, and there is an option to remove gaps between pages if desired. However, you still need to add them all to a setlist to view them all at once. Alternatively, if you are using a single PDF, just change the page for a single song to contain all of the pages of the individual songs you created. Then the single song will display all of the pages at once like you wanted. The next update includes a redesign of the page ordering UI (it will be much easier to use and more powerful), so that my help with this once it's available.
Also, Mike, that video you mention would probably help. How do I access it?
J.P.
Sorry, not sure what happened with that. This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0

All the tutorial videos can be found here: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/tutorials
You also could have a look at and search for previous discussions in this forum to the topic "medley" (as we non-Irish musicians usually call your "sets") where we talked about very similar questions.
(10-11-2023, 10:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Sorry, not sure what happened with that. This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_8GXnlNfm0

All the tutorial videos can be found here: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/tutorials

Thanks, Mike. I tried that vertical scrolling last night & it worked a charm. Got what I wanted, although I'm not sure it was how I envisioned it happening. Just now watched the video & it cleared things up. Also appreciate the info about the tutorials. I'll spend some time going through those & hold further questions till I absolutely can't figure something out.
And thanks to BRX for the suggestion, but I tried that for a week and couldn't find any discussions where the words used meant anything to me. Still trying to ramp up for the 21st century.
J.P.