• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error backup - file not found
Windows 10 / MobileSheets pro V 3.8.14 user

Since a couple of days I can't backup the database to disk / Standard file picker and get the following error messages (see attached thumbnail / screenprint)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's very strange. What location are you selecting to save to? If you pick the Downloads folder, for example, do you get the same error?

Mike
Hi, thanks your quick anwser. I usually backup to my NAS, but tried now with the download folder on the internal disk - same error message no matter which location I select - internal or external drive..... Do you think that re-installing MobileSheetsPro would help?
... maybe I should mention that I handle >14k pdf files in the db, if this might cause the problem?? 

PS when I sync the db with another device via WIFI on the same network, the synch starts and breaks about after 89% completion with an error message of a lost connection. Is there a way to re-establish the connection from that point of completion? Because when I restart from zero if will fail again after > 80% completion. Do you recommend to use bluetooth if this might be more stable ? 

Thank you Mike, the app is great and I love it and use it a lot 
!!
I'm not sure if reinstalling would help, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try that. Can you upload the backup file and share it with mike@zubersoft.com? I'd like to see if I encounter the same problem with the backup file. The fact that your sync is failing around the same point every time also points to a potential issue with the database. So I'm wondering if the same problem is impacting both the backup and the sync. I should be able to identify this once I test your backup file. As far as the sync, it's very complicated, but I do have plans to try to support re-establishing a connection when the sync fails due to a connection error. The problem is that, the design isn't really set up to allow resuming a sync because there are a lot of assumptions that the sync proceeds in a serial fashion. In order to allow resuming a sync, I have to cache a large amount of information and save the current sync position at every step so that the code can know where to skip back to.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
thank you. As I can't backup right now and don't know which file to send so that you can try to reproduce the error yourself. Is it the library file ("mobilesheets.db") that you are referring to ? Please advise which file I should send. Thank you again for your support.
Zip the entire C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState folder and share that. That is equivalent to a backup file and should give me everything I need.

Thanks,
Mike
(10-15-2023, 12:21 AM)Manfred Wrote: Hi, thanks your quick anwser. I usually backup to my NAS, but tried now with the download folder on the internal disk - same error message no matter which location I select - internal or external drive..... Do you think that re-installing MobileSheetsPro would help?

(10-18-2023, 05:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Zip the entire C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState folder and share that. That is equivalent to a backup file and should give me everything I need.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike, but I am only allowed to attach 2,1MB here. The size of the zipped file is 20,1MB. I tried to send the file as personal message to you here, but can't find the possibilty to attach the file. 
Thanks
Manfred
Can you just email the folder to mike@zubersoft.com, or upload it to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive) and share a link to the file with mike@zubersoft.com? I wouldn't want you to share the file openly with everyone in any case.

Mike