• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Tablet issues
Hi,
I have the Windows version of Mobilesheets on my laptop and Microsoft surface Pro, but they will only connect if I set the laptop as the master; if I try it the other way round with the Surface Pro as the master, they won't connect. It is the same whether I am trying to connect for synching the library, or just for page turning. Both are on the same version (3.8.14), both running the same Windows 11, both with the same library and both on the same WiFi network. Any ideas?
There's a few things to try:

1) On both devices, right-click the WiFi connection in the Windows taskbar, select "Network and Internet Settings", click the properties option at the top, and then change the connection profile type to "Private".
2) Next, go to Windows Firewall, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" and make sure both private and public are checked for MobileSheets
3) If you still can't connect after performing steps #1 and #2, then if you have anti-virus or firewall software running, you should try disabling them to see if they are interfering with the connection.
4) The last thing you should try is rebooting your router. This fixes connection problems frequently for users

I'm not sure what else could be going on, as it seems as though one of your devices isn't accepting incoming packets from the other device.

Mike
Thanks very much for the help - I carried out Step 1 and 2 below, and it all worked first time as advertised; what a great system!

(10-15-2023, 01:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There's a few things to try:

1) On both devices, right-click the WiFi connection in the Windows taskbar, select "Network and Internet Settings", click the properties option at the top, and then change the connection profile type to "Private".
2) Next, go to Windows Firewall, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" and make sure both private and public are checked for MobileSheets
3) If you still can't connect after performing steps #1 and #2, then if you have anti-virus or firewall software running, you should try disabling them to see if they are interfering with the connection.
4) The last thing you should try is rebooting your router. This fixes connection problems frequently for users

I'm not sure what else could be going on, as it seems as though one of your devices isn't accepting incoming packets from the other device.

Mike
I'm glad to hear that! I'm happy I could help.

Mike