• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to re-build the database
Hi,

I find synchronisation with, for example, Google drive not working properly.  If I change the pdf file on Google drive, after synchro to the device, the new version is not taken into account (I'm working with the e-ink version).

What I would like to do is to modify the files by sftp (which works), but if I change the name of the folder in which the pdf is (basically to change the name of the sheet), this is not taken into account by Mobilesheets (looks normal to me).  Is there any way to have the database rebuild taking the names of the folders in the "files" folder into account (deleting the ones who were deleted and indexing the new ones ?).

Thanks.

Luc
In general, users should not mess with the sync folder, especially not renaming files or folders. There is a copy of the database in the cloud sync folder and the database has all of the paths to the files and folders saved in it. Additionally, there is a hashcodes file that links to specify item IDs in Google drive. If you change a file, it may modify this ID, making it impossible for MobileSheets to find the file (which at best will just slow the sync down as it has to recalculate all the file information, and at worst will cause an error). Having said that, there is an option on the sync screen to "Check for updated files" This should work fine as long as the only thing you are doing is copying in a new version of a PDF, and not trying to rename or change the folder the file resides in. 

You shouldn't need to rename folders or files in the sync folder - just let MobileSheets manage it, as that is the expectation. Otherwise you can just perform manual file syncs yourself and do not rely on the sync feature in MobileSheets. You can use Import->Batch Import to pull in all files from a folder and subdirectories at once. The next update is adding an option to rename files in the song editor and the folder containing the file will be renamed to match as long as no other song also uses that file.

Mike
Thanks !
Luc