• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection bug? Or user error?
Hi Mike

I think I have a bug, or maybe I'm not doing it right!

I have my phone (OnePlus Nord) and tablet (Samsung s7 fe) connected, with my phone being the leader and tablet in the group, and book mode turned off so that I can see the library on my phone and the music on my tablet.

The libraries match (via backup/restore) and when I open a song, it shows the first page on my phone, but not on my tablet. When I turn the page on my phone or tablet, the first page appears for a second, then flashes to the second page. Even if I turn back, it doesn't show the first page on my tablet. This is the same whichever song I select.

Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong please? 

Thanks!
Hey Margaret.Maestro,

connecting two devices has always worked for me like this (and I believe this is how it is meant to be):

Book mode on: Open song on the leader device. Leader device shows page 1, follower device automatically opens the same song on page 2. (If you have the option "automatically load last viewed page" on, leader device could also open on page x (e.g. 10) and follower device would automatically load page x+1 (e.g. 11))

Book mode off: Open song on the leader device. Leader device shows page 1, follower device automatically opens the same song on the same page - page 1. (If you have the option "automatically load last viewed page" on, leader device could also open on page x (e.g. 10) and follower device would also automatically load page x (e.g. 10))

If you want to use your phone to show the library, then DON'T connect the devices, but simply open the song on your tablet and keep your phone showing the library.

If the behavior on your devices is different that this, then I would suspect there is some kind of error.

Hope that helps!
Malte
Thank you, yes this is what I'd expect and what is happening in principle, but the tablet only shows a black screen as page 1 with book mode off, which isn't ideal when I'm using the tablet for the pianist, and phone for the singer!
I do not really understand, for what you are saying is different than what you reported in your earlier post.

Could you please be a bit more specific?
Are your devices connected?
Which one is the leader?
Is book mode turned on?

And which scenario are you currently seeing?
1) In your earlier post you said the phone shows the first page and the tablet the second page. This would be expected in book mode with the phone as leader.
2) Also in your earlier post you said you want to see the library on the phone and the music on the tablet. This can only be achieved by NOT connecting your devices as I said in my earlier response.
3) In this post you said the tablet shows a black screen and you are not telling what the phone shows. It might be that the song has only one page and you accidentally DO have book mode turned on because in that case it would be expected that the tablet shows the second page which is empty (=black).

Could you please verify the exact settings you are using, what you expect to see and what you are seeing?
Phone is leader, connected with book mode off.  If I connect with tablet as leader, then it all works fine.

When I select a song on the phone, the phone shows page 1, and the tablet shows a black screen. When I turn the page, both devices show page 2.  When I turn back to page 1, I'm back to a black screen on the tablet, and page 1 on the phone

I can see the library on the phone and not on the tablet because the tablet will stay on the previous song until the phone chooses a new song, even if I go back to the library or have the library window showing on the phone.

So my issue is that I can't see page 1 on the tablet at all.
Ok thanks that makes it clearer!

So my approaches to check where the error is would be:

1) Can you open the song on the tablet when the devices are not connected? Is page 1 black in this case? (Because as I understand it the leader only gives the follower the order to open a song with a specific name on a specific page)
2) Do both devices have the same version of MobileSheets running and is it the current one?
3) Does this problem occur with every song of more than 1 page or is it only the one song?

I do think it sounds like an error somewhere that Mike would have to look into, but perhaps checking these 3 steps would point to the source of the error. If you are lucky you might figure it out yourself but otherwise I hope Mike will check in on this post soon Smile
I can't reproduce any issues where one tablet displays a black page. If I have book mode off, connect two tablets, and load a song on the first tablet, that same song is displayed properly on the second tablet. 

Margaret - I'm going to need you to do two things for me:

1) Go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and generate a .mcf file
2) Long press your song, tap Share->Export as .msf and save the .msf file in the same location as the .mcf

I need you then to email both files to mike@zubersoft.com. I can then test with your same settings and song to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing.

Thanks,
Mike