• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master's screen turning black when using groups
Hello!
I have been using MobileSheets for one and a half years as my main and favorite sheet music software. I'm a professional violist and the author of this website:
https://www.tablets-for-musicians.com/

I have a problem with groups: when I connect two tablets (I want to test groups for an article) and want to share a piece / display the same piece on two (multiple) tablets, the master's display goes completely black and only the slave displays the piece. I can only go back with the Android back function.

PDFs of the pieces are present on both tablets. MobileSheets is version 3.18.14 on both tablets.
I'm ready to provide more information to help troubleshoot. Thank you for this wonderful piece of software!
Johannes
Hello Johannes,

I think a similar issue came up for another user here: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...10589.html

I'm still waiting to get a copy of a library backup file to help me reproduce this issue, as I'm not able to do so at the moment. Can you please verify that you have book mode disabled in the new leader settings dialog? Are you able to share with me your library? If not, can you please at least long press that one song, tap Share->Export as .msf, go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings, and send both the .msf and .mcf files to mike@zubersoft.com? I can then try to reproduce what you are seeing with my tablets. At the moment, with all of the tests I have run, the same song shows up properly on both devices. It's possible I'm not testing the same combination of settings you are though, so if I import your settings with the .mcf file, perhaps that will help uncover an issue I'm not aware of.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,

thank you for your answer! The book mode was off in the new leader settings.

Now I “solved” the problem by restarting MobileSheets – should have done that earlier. In fact, I'm not really sure anymore that the black screen was related to the multiple tablet groups.

I never had black screens with MobileSheets before, and it happened during my testing of the tablet groups. Later, I switched the master and slave and noticed that the same tablet (Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra) kept going black, being master or slave.

Anyway, restarting MobileSheets on the “black” tablet solved the problem. So it's fine for me!

I also tried with a third tablet (iPad), and I'm happy that mixed groups with Android and iPadOS devices just work fine together, which is simply fantastic!

Thank you and cheers from Germany
Johannes
I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for following up to let me know. I'm definitely doing my best to ensure that all features work across all three platforms. One thing I still need to address is the lack of bluetooth LE support in the Android and Windows versions so that they can connect to iPads (I still need to investigate whether this will work or if Apple blocks it in some way).

Mike