• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobilesheets also suitable for Clavinova CVP709?
I use Mobilesheets connected to my Genos for selecting the correct registrations for my sheet music, visa versa. This works perfect. 
I also want to use this for my Clavinova CVP709. I made the same setup with another laptop and copied the settings of the Genos setup. The only difference I see in the Mobilesheets adjustments Midi In and Out Devices that after connecting to the Clavinova “Clavinova” is mentioned instead of “Digital workstation” in the Genos setup, which is to my opinion correct.
However no talking between laptop and Clavinova sofar. 
I wonder if I can make this setup and am looking for help.
Bert
When you say the devices aren't communicating, are you basing that on something related to the linking functionality, or are you saying if you bring up the MIDI listen dialog and press keys on the Clavinova that you see no messages being received? The linking functionality is specific the Genos and SX line of devices. That will not work with the Clavinova CVP709, unless I'm mistaken and Yamaha added that functionality to more devices. When you say you copied the settings of the genos setup, what exactly does that mean? Are you trying to use the same MIDI messages? That most likely won't work. You'd need to send different messages to command the CVP, and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the CVP supports. You can try sending patch select messages and such, but you may want to consult the data list for the CVP709 to see what MIDI messages it supports.

Mike
Thanks for your reply Mike. I asked this also in the psrtutorial forum and got the reply from someone that it is working with the CVP809 so I was hoping this could work with the CVP709 as well.
With copying the settings of the genos setup I mean that I use the same midisettings in Mobilesheets as in my seperate Genos setup. I see that Mobilesheets recognizes the CVP because Clavinova is mentioned in the midi in and out devices of mobile sheets, see picture.
If I try to connect a registrationmemory with sheet music I get the message ‘first make a connection with your Genos or PSX-keyboard’, see picture.
I am afraid that trying to send patch messages etc. as you suggest is getting to complicated for me.
I just want to be sure that it is possible or not.
Bert        
This easy linking functionality was introduced with Genos which came out at the end of 2017.
The clavinova 7 range was announced in 2015 (see link below), so before Genos came out. So no, this Genos type of linking will not work with the CVP 7 range.

https://www.keysound.co.uk/news/82-Yamah...-Announced-

Rudy
Bert,

In case you want to give it a go, the ’oldfashoned’ way with your Clavinova, below is a link to a post I made a while back on how to accomplish it. (If clavinova supports this). Just think Clavinova where I wrote Tyros ...

https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...ml#pid9776

Rudy
(10-28-2023, 06:17 AM)Rey_a Wrote: This easy linking functionality was introduced with Genos which came out at the end of 2017.
The clavinova 7 range was announced in 2015 (see link below), so before Genos came out. So no, this Genos type of linking will not work with the CVP 7 range.

https://www.keysound.co.uk/news/82-Yamah...-Announced-

Rudy

Thank you Rudy, this makes it clear and I have to accept. This also explains that CVP809 works fine with Mobilesheets because this model was introduced after the introduction of Genos.
I will use Mobilesheets in combination with my CVP709 only for displaying the sheetmusic on a display. 
Bert
(10-28-2023, 06:35 AM)Rey_a Wrote: Bert,

In case you want to give it a go, the ’oldfashoned’ way with your Clavinova, below is a link to a post I made a while back on how to accomplish it. (If clavinova supports this). Just think Clavinova where I wrote Tyros ...

https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...ml#pid9776

Rudy

Thanks Rudy, I will give it a try.
Bert