• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum: Articles are skipped
When I visit a thread, or click on the 'first unread article' arrow, I'm always positioned on the 'quick reply' box at the end instead of at the first unread article. This makes it hard to find what I already read and what needs catching up.
Was this changed recently?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I certainly haven't changed anything in the forum other than fixing a CORS issue which prevented some features from working (https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...10512.html). I have no idea if this new behavior you are seeing is the intended default behavior of the forum software or if it's an unrelated issue. When I click on a thread, I'm always at the first post of that thread. I do not get taken to the end of it. However, if I go to the home page of my account and then click on an entry in the latest activity, it takes me to the end of that thread, which is expected as I'm clicking on a link to the last thread.

Mike
FYI: https://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/uploads....39.25.mkv

Start screen is the result of search?action=getnew .

The 1st and 3rd article immedeately jump to the quick reply box.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
It seems to work for me with Google Chrome if I test a new account. What browser are you using? You can always go to your profile->Edit Options and uncheck the option to display the quick reply box. Perhaps that will stop it from stealing focus if that's what is happening.

Mike
What happens is that when visiting a thread, the focus is immedeately set to the (first? only?) input field, which is the "Quick Reply" area at the end.

I have this with both Firefox and Chromium.

This also happens with the quick reply. When I press "Preview" the preview appears and immedeately the focus returns to the textarea.

It is also not related to the theme, it happens with default, duende, vienna, 1point8.
Strange... I wonder why the behavior is different on my machine. I'm still not sure what to change in the forum software to address that though.

Mike
Works as expected on my W10 desktop with Edge and Chrome (using default because still can't get duende to display properly in Edge - fine on my wife's identical desktop)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
It seems that this is the culprit: Put the editor in source mode by default. After I unchecked it the behaviour is normal again.

No idea if this was added/modified recently.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johan
Interesting... I do regularly update the forum software, so it's possible that was added.

Mike