• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
working with remote teacher on same sheet music
Hello.

When working with my remote teacher over skype, many times he has to write fingerings or change something on the score. So far the process is such that he edits his file on his end, then he sends me the new pdf. Basically he has to be sending me a new pdf every time he makes a change on the score. Very clumsy and time consuming.

It would be awesome if there was a way a smoother way to work on the same score with a remote teacher. Something like sharing the same file on mobile sheets, and the changes he makes on the score I can see them immediately on my end.

I guess there must be other software, probably not music specific, that might allow me to do this (I haven't found it yet), but it would be awesome to be able to do it on mobilesheets.

Kind Regards
I don't know exactly how skype works, but most meeting software allows you to give another person control of your screen. So just give him control so he can just make the changes on your version. Either that, or you write exactly what he writes on your version when he does it.
You can always share a library using a cloud folder with the "Sync Library->Sync to a cloud folder" feature. An automatic sync feature is going to be implemented next year at some point, although this will be pretty complex and involved, so I'm not sure how long it will take to implement.

Mike
You could store your song files in a shared cloud folder
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de