• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text page crop - Columns
I've imported a .txt file from Windows to my Android tablet using the Companion. The companion crop preview shows one page with two columns. Great, that's what I want but when I disconnect the companion and look at the tablet, the song is now split into two pages. How can I control what I get?
OK. Sorted it out. It de[ends on how long the lines are. Columns were enabled in the text settings but some of the lines were too long.
However, this is a bug, isn't it? The Companion crop preview should be WYSIWYG in my view.
Text files don't have a predefined width/height. It's based on the device's screen dimensions. Right now, the companion app doesn't know the device dimensions (this information isn't transmitted), so it doesn't render a page to those dimensions. It instead just uses a fixed width/height as a demonstration of what the file may look like. This would be an improvement for sure, but doesn't have a large impact. One of the next updates is going to add a setting for text/chord pro files to have a fixed page size (to ensure rendering is identical across devices regardless of screen size), so the companion could leverage that as welll.

Mike
Thanks for the explanation.
Rendering ChordPro files will be a great improvement in case of devices with different screens. I'm waiting for it.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I'm still having problems with this text file. Not every chord line will transpose. I've tried cutting and pasting all the text to and from Windows Notepad (to remove any unwanted formatting), then deleting and re-importing the file using the companion but still certain lines (with chord symbols only) will not transpose. 

What am I doing wrong? Could this be due to line length too?
(11-16-2023, 02:28 AM)fausto Wrote: I'm still having problems with this text file. Not every chord line will transpose. I've tried cutting and pasting all the text to and from Windows Notepad (to remove any unwanted formatting), then deleting and re-importing the file using the companion but still certain lines (with chord symbols only) will not transpose. 

What am I doing wrong? Could this be due to line length too?

Sorted! My son had sent me the original as a Word .docx which I had dumbed down to .txt. However, I only just spotted he used "FMaj7" as opposed to "Fmaj7".
So, what was happening was that any line with FMaj7 would not transpose. As soon as I changed it to lower case M, all was well.
MobileSheets is case sensitive with chord definitions and such. I am going to look into allowing lowercase chord definitions though as mentioned in other threads.

Mike