• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Mac mini
I have used mobilesheets for a number of years on a win 10 desktop pc and 22” monitor, also on an iPad Pro, win being my usual method. I am thinking of ditching the win 10, it cannot be updated to win 11, and changing over to an Apple Mac mini and using the same 22” monitor. Is it possible to transfer my MobileSheets win 10 onto the Apple Mac mini, if so how? Or do I need to buy a different version.

Terry
If you are using MobileSheets on an iPad, then you can also install that version on your Mac mini. Just load the Mac Store, search for "MobileSheets for iPad", and Apple will ask you to pay again. Go through the steps as if you are paying and then it will just let you install the app without actually charging you (it's a weird bug that I have informed Apple about, but they've done nothing to address it). To transfer your library, just create a backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, copy that to the Mac mini and then restore it under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup.

Mike
(11-15-2023, 04:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you are using MobileSheets on an iPad, then you can also install that version on your Mac mini. Just load the Mac Store, search for "MobileSheets for iPad", and Apple will ask you to pay again. Go through the steps as if you are paying and then it will just let you install the app without actually charging you (it's a weird bug that I have informed Apple about, but they've done nothing to address it). To transfer your library, just create a backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, copy that to the Mac mini and then restore it under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup.

Mike

Thanks for the information I haven’t yet received my Apple Mac mini. Costco who I ordered it from didn’t deliver, didn’t let me know, and when I phoned them, I was told it was out of stock, and they didn’t have any idea when they will get them in stock so I have to cancel the order. I’ve re-ordered from Amazon and expect to get next Tuesday. I will be in touch again when I get it delivered and let you know the outcome.

Terry,
Did the same already with my MacBook M2.
Works exactly like Mike described  Smile