• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Client tablet, need to protect his private comments, 2-way sync?
Mike - I have Windows PC for my main MSheets music pdf storage and creating of setlists. I have a Pixel tablet that I take out to play. No problem for me importing to the Pixel.

I have 2 clients with Android tablets. 

For the first one I just back up the PC library to Google Drive and set his library up with my backup on his tablet. No problems.

The second Android for the guitar player is the issue. He makes a lot of text comments on his sheets that he doesn't want to lose, and I don't want to wipe them out with a complete library replacement from my PC when I get the new songs and set lists created.

I can add the new songs individually to a folder on his tablet and import them into his MSheets for him. (he is trying to learn to do it himself, soon I hope)

Would 2-way sync be the proper way to do this? I would like to include the new setlists in the sync along with new songs.

Would the companion work for this? It seems the companion is more for backing up.

Thanks - John

PS, I have been using MSPRO for maybe 8 years or more and 2000 songs. Wonderful.
You can certainly use the sync functionality if you want. Just set the merge behavior to "Only merge new songs and groups" and MobileSheets will only process things that are new.

Mike
Wait Mike, that's way too simple. THANK YOU! Works perfectly. John
Glad to hear it! It's always nice when the options I've provided address situations like this Smile

Mike