• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting started on boox device?...
Hi there,

I just purchased a boox go with the ultimate goal of using it as my one-and-only music library running msp.

I am scratching my head over a seemingly trivial issue: I have copied the entire existing music library (not msp format, just a medium sized directory structure containing a mix of pdfs, abcs, jpegs, you name it) from my current tablet to a usb stick and plugged the stick via a docking station into the Boox Go. The Go can see and navigate the entire file structure perfectly ok, no probs.

I now want to copy the entire tree as is from the stick to the Go's local storage. Does not appear to be possible with the built-in tools. There is a selection tool in the storage UI, but that will allow you to select files only, not directories. Needless to say, manually generating every single subfolder in the Go's file structure manually and then copying each file individually is not an option. 

do I need to install a file manager app to do something as rudimentary as that? If yes, which one is the most straightforward? Or did I overlook something obvious?

I see that someone on reddit asked pretty much the same question but never got a useful answer.

Thanks a million!
It will probably be easiest to install a file manager like File Manager +, or connect the tablet with a USB cable to your PC and move files around using Windows File Explorer.

Mike
TotalCommander for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lCommander is free and works fine on all my Android devices including Boox Tab Ultra C. Plugins are available that allow access to shared folders in the local network and to various cloud services.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Great, thanks for the advice. I followed Mike's suggestion, just connected the Go with my Surface tablet via OTG and used the Windows file manager. Works like a charm.

I guess it's a question of mind set. Even though the Boox looks and behaves a lot like a tablet, it isn't one. Once I settled on that insight, it looks much more like a friend. 

Thanks again!
(08-08-2024, 06:53 AM)RAc Wrote: Hi there,
I just purchased a boox go with the ultimate goal of using it as my one-and-only music library running msp.
I am scratching my head over a seemingly trivial issue: I have copied the entire existing music library (not msp format, just a medium sized directory structure containing a mix of pdfs, abcs, jpegs, you name it) from my current tablet to a usb stick and plugged the stick via a docking station into the Boox Go. The Go can see and navigate the entire file structure perfectly ok, no probs.
I now want to copy the entire tree as is from the stick to the Go's local storage. Does not appear to be possible with the built-in tools. There is a selection tool in the storage UI, but that will allow you to select files only, not directories. Needless to say, manually generating every single subfolder in the Go's file structure manually and then copying each file individually is not an option. 
do I need to install a file manager app to do something as rudimentary as that? If yes, which one is the most straightforward? Or did I overlook something obvious?
I see that someone on reddit asked pretty much the same question but never got a useful answer.
Thanks a million! Using BooksRun https://booksrun.com/books/rent  for renting programming books is a convenient and cost-effective choice. The platform offers a wide selection of titles, making it easy to find specific resources for coding and development. Rental terms are flexible, and the process is straightforward, making it a great option for developers on a budget.

o copy entire directories from your USB stick to the Go's local storage, you will likely need a file manager app. The built-in tools usually don't support directory-level operations effectively.
I recommend trying a file manager like X-plore File Manager or Total Commander. These apps are straightforward and support copying entire directories with their subfolders. They should make the transfer process much smoother.