• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parentheses inside chord brackets render wrong
If I put something in parentheses within square brackets, e.g.:

[|][G]    [|][D]    [|][C]    [|][G]    [(4x)]

This gets rendered in iOS as:

|G   |D   |C   |G   () 4x

It renders correctly in the Android version.
Thank you, I'll look into this and get it fixed.

Mike
Hopefully you haven't looked into this too much, but I found that if I actually do things according to the ChordPro standard, and prepend non-chord text with an asterisk -- in this case, [*(4x)] -- it renders correctly in MobileSheets across the board.

My fault!
Welp, I just checked the "problem songs" that got me started on this issue, and noticed that Mike did, indeed, fix it before I realized that it was really my problem for not adhering to the standard. So non-standard syntax works too, because MobileSheets is the bomb.

For the correct syntax, see the second paragraph here: https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/chordpro-chords/
I wanted to make sure it worked in a consistent way across platforms. It helped me find code that wasn't operating in the same fashion across versions so I'm glad you brought it to my attention.

Thanks,
Mike
OK, found an oddity in 3.8.19 on iOS with asterisks in chord brackets.

If a chord is at the trailing end of a line of lyrics, i.e. has no text following the chord, and you zoom the page just enough to put that chord onto the next line all by itself, then MS displays the asterisk and doesn't format the text according to the chord formatting settings. In fact, I think chords on lines by themselves with no text don't get properly formatted either.

Code:
{title: O Come All You Unfaithful}
{artist: Lisa Clow, Bob Kauflin}
{subtitle: (based on the recording by Sovereign Grace Worship)}
{key: D}
{tempo: 56 (dotted 1/4)}
{time: 6/8}
{ccli: 7160115}
{copyright: 2020 Sovereign Grace Praise}
{comment: Intro}
[*|][D]...[D]... [*|][D]...[D]... [*|][D]...[D]... [*|][D]...[D]...

{comment: Verse 1-2}
O [*|][D]come, all you un - [*|]faithful. [*|][Bm7]Come, weak and un - [*|]stable. [*|][G2]Come, know you are [*|][D/F#]not a - [*|][Em7]lone. [*|]
O [*|][D]come, barren and [*|]waiting [*|][Bm7]ones, weary of [*|][Bm7]praying. [*|][G2]Come, see what your [*|][D/F#]God has [*|][Em7]done. [*|][Asus]

{comment: Chorus 1}
Christ is [*|][G2]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Bm7]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Em7]born [*|][Asus]for [A] [*|][D]you.
[*|][Dsus]...... [*|][D]...... [*|][Dsus]......

{comment: Verse 3-4}
O [*|][D]come, bitter and [*|]broken. [*|][Bm7]Come, with fears un - [*|]spoken. [*|][G2]Come, taste of His [*|][D/F#]perfect [*|][Em7]love. [*|]
O [*|][D]come, guilty and [*|]hiding [*|][Bm7]ones, there is no [*|]need to [*|][G2]run. See what your [*|][D/F#]God has [*|][Em7]done. [*|][Asus]

{comment: Chorus 2}
Christ is [*|][G2]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Bm7]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Em7]born [*|][Asus]for [A] [*|][D]you.  [*|][Dsus]...[D].

{comment: Bridge}
He's the [*|][G2]Lamb who was [*|]given, [*|][D/F#]slain for our [*|]pardon. His [*|][Em7]promise is [*|]peace for [*|][Asus]those who be - [*|][A]lieve.
He's the [*|][G2]Lamb who was [*|]given, [*|][D/F#]slain for our [*|]pardon. His [Em7]promise[D/F#]   is [*|][Gmaj7]peace [E7/G#]   for [*|][D/A]those who be - [*|][A]lieve.

{comment: Verse 5}
So [*|][D]come, though you have [*|]nothing. [*|][Bm7]Come, He is the [*|]off'ring. [*|][G2]Come, see what your [*|][D/F#]God has [*|][Em7]done. [*|][Asus]

{comment: Chorus 3}
Christ is [*|][G2]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Bm7]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Em7]born [*|][Asus]for [A] [*|][D]you. [*|][G/D]
[D]Christ is [*|][G2]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Bm7]born. [*|]... Christ is [*|][Em7]born [*|][Asus]for [*|][D]you. [*|][Dsus]

{comment: Ending}
[*|][D]...... [*|][Dsus]...[D]... [*|][Bm7]...... [*|][G/B]...[Bm7]... [*|][D/A]...... [*|][A]...... [*|][G2] 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.cho   O Come All You Unfaithful.cho (Size: 2.23 KB / Downloads: 1)
This looks to only be an issue in the iPadOS version (I did not see it on Windows or Android while testing your file). I'll get a fix in place.

Thanks,
Mike
I think if you pull all the periods (dots) out of the intro & ending lines, so they're just bracketed stuff with no lyric text, you'll see the effect.
I was able to reproduce it and I have it fixed now for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike