• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying splitsecond display at top before sliding to bottom alignment during pg turn
I searched this forum and no one seems to have brought up the issue of the annoying split second display of the page aligned at top before dropping down to the bottom alignment which is what the display is set for. I'm using 2 Windows based convertible 14" laptops linked in portrait mode. Sometimes it does it, especially when turning pages quickly, sometimes not.  I'm not sure if this is due to large PDF files or whether it is a bug in programming of the display alignment setting.  It happens whether you have the display set to animated page turns or immediate turns, although the latter only flickers at the top alignment before settling to the bottom which is also annoying and disruptive to the eyes.  This quirk doesn't seem to happen on my Android tablets (14" Meswao tablets).  Any help from users or admin would be appreciated.
It's most likely just different pieces of code conflicting with each other in the layout logic (due to the many, many complex different scenarios that all have to be handled combining page alignment, page scaling mode, display mode, cropped pages, zooming, panning, annotating, low quality zoom vs high quality zoom, etc, etc). I'll look into it to see if I can get it addressed for the next update. It would help to know what display mode and page scaling mode you currently have selected. Alternatively, go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and send the .mcf file to mike@zubersoft.com so I can test with your settings.

Thanks,
Mike
(11-28-2023, 02:42 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's most likely just different pieces of code conflicting with each other in the layout logic (due to the many, many complex different scenarios that all have to be handled combining page alignment, page scaling mode, display mode, cropped pages, zooming, panning, annotating, low quality zoom vs high quality zoom, etc, etc). I'll look into it to see if I can get it addressed for the next update. It would help to know what display mode and page scaling mode you currently have selected. Alternatively, go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and send the .mcf file to mike@zubersoft.com so I can test with your settings.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for responding so quickly.  I've sent you 2 video files - one with the animation setting on, the other with it off (that video is upside down, sorry!).  I've also attached the mcf file you requested.