• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding small images in pro files, possible?
Hi,

I am not a pro player by any stretch, but have been playing music all my life.
I have never learned to improvise, or play a melody by ear, am still working on that.

My first instrument was saxophone and am not too bad at it, but reading sheet music only,
especially for solos, almost nothing by ear.
I currently play rhythm keyboard and guitar and have started to include saxophone for some solos,
since I noticed people seem to really like that.

I have been using pro files exclusively now, and would like to include bits of staff.
Is this possible, or can MS be modified to include small images of bits of staff in the pro files?
I do realize it may not be possible, since the standard for pro files is not determined by Zubersoft.
But I am asking anyway, to be certain.

Right now I am going back to pdf files, 1 page with a pdf printed pro file,
and a 2nd page with just the melody of the song pdf printed from Musescore,
and then merging in a single pdf. It's a fair amount of work, which I don't mind doing.
But if an easier method is possible, it would be a time saver, for sure.

Sincerely,
Dan
The next big update (version 3.9.0) is going to include a number of chord pro changes, as I'm trying to address directives that I don't currently support or other functionality requested by users. As part of that, I'd like to support the image directive (https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/directives-image/) and the start_of_abc directive (https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/directives-env_abc/), as well as potentially just supporting abc files. This is all going to take a considerable amount of work, so I'm not sure what the timeline will be for this.

Mike
Wow! I didn't know this existed. Very nice!
As usual, I am just happy it will be addressed at some point, hopefully not too distant future.

Thanks Mike!

BTW, I hope you will also address the single notes (lower case instead of upper case) transpose function, again in pro files.

Another one, I also had pointed out the {Key:#} directive not working well with minor keys, but that is secondary to me;
        I was planning to possibly change all the minor keys to their major counterpart;
        anyway, if the first chord is minor, usually the song will be in that key.
        This can be done easily with a find/replace program.

Dan
Just a quick question, Mike.

This abc notation, will the transpose function support this directive?
If not, that is OK also, but if yes, that would be "pie in the sky" for me, the ultimate!
It would likely be used in every single pro file by me.

Dan
I believe it should, yes. The ABC library is set up to support transposing, so I think I just need to provide it the number of steps to transpose.

Mike
(11-30-2023, 09:31 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The next big update (version 3.9.0) is going to include a number of chord pro changes, as I'm trying to address directives that I don't currently support or other functionality requested by users. As part of that, I'd like to support the image directive (https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/directives-image/) and the start_of_abc directive (https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/directives-env_abc/), as well as potentially just supporting abc files. This is all going to take a considerable amount of work, so I'm not sure what the timeline will be for this.

The {image} directive will be a fantastic addition! We have a lot of PDF chord sheets that include one or two lines of "real" sheet music for intro/turnaround/interlude/etc., and it will be super nice to be able to convert some of those to ChordPro.
And you haven't seen the power of the {images} directive of the next ChordPro version... Smile
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).