• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genos2
Hi!

Yamaha is still working on the problem with the MD BT-01. Today I received an email with (excerpts) the following content:

"We have now received feedback from colleagues, but only with vague information. Apparently the 'linking feature' was implemented differently on the Genos2 than on the Genos. We suspect that the APP may also have the corresponding USB ID for a USB connection reads and interprets what is not possible with a MIDI/Bluetooth connection."

So maybe something really has changed. I'll stay tuned.
Sicerely Yours

Michael
Thanks for posting those new details. I'll be curious to hear what they find.

Mike
Hello,

I'm glad for all of you who managed to link MSP with Genos2 at least in one direction.
Last week I upgraded fromTyros5 to Genos2. A phantastic sounding instrument! I'm glad I've upgraded.
But I didn't succeed yet in linking MSP with the Genos2.
With the Tyros5 I worked in the direction tablet-2-MSP. That was fine. The other direction would have been more complicated, so I didn't establish that. I didn't need it really.
On Genos2 both directions should be easier to establish I read. But - I didn't get it to work yet.

That's what I tried so far:

On Genos2:
I chose the ALL PARTS MIDI template. (Didn't work with this)
In the RECEIVE tab I changed Port1 Ch1 from SONG to KEYBOARD. (That was the setting for Tyros5, but with Genos2 it doesn't work.)

In MSP:
In the song settings - MIDI tab - I deleted the MIDI commands which were needed for adressing the memory in Tyros5.
In the settings - MIDi settings - Configuring MIDI connection: I chose "Google" and "USB"
"MIDI IN ports" and "MIDI OUT ports" say: "YamahaCorporation Digital Keyboard#797 MIDI 1.0[0] (Verbunden)  (= connected)
  (So far the connection seems to be okay).

But in Song Edit mode on the MIDI tab of the song:
When I click on the link symbol an error occurs:
for a short time tis message appears: "Warten auf die Registrierungsnachricht" (Waiting for the registration message),
followed by the error message: "Fehler beim Anfordern des Links" (Error at requesting the link)

What am I doing wrong?

Could you help me please?!
And, another question:
I would prefer establishing the connection via Blutooth instead of the cable. Is the Genos2 issue in that solved in the meantime?

Thank you very much for your answer! Your support is appreciated very much!

Greetings & best wishes
Ulrich
Hi Ulrich,

Below is a link to a step by step document I made for using MobileSheets with Genos 1, but it should all be the same for Genos 2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MD1Exfj...qXfWw/view

You did not write anything about choosing the correct MIDI device in MobileSheets .... Did you select Genos ?

I have never used bluetooth for this and I do not have a Genos 2, so I have no information on that BT issue.
What kind of cable(s) are your currently using between Genos 2 and your tablet ?

Hope this helps

Rudy
Sad 
(02-26-2024, 09:56 PM)UlrichM Wrote: Hi Rudy,
thank you very much for your quick answer!
Yes, I forgot to mention that I chose "Genos" as the instrument to work with. (Actually there are even 2 choices which include the Genos. I tried both of them).

Your documentation is a great help for Genos users. But it's exactly what I did! The error occurs on your page 5 between the last 2 Pictures: a click on the link symbol doesn't produce any link entry, no Batch command.

But I'm glad you assured me that I was right in what I was doing. Maybe someone has an additional hint.

Maybe the problem is due to my tablet, a Lenova Yoga Tab 13; a rather modern one though.

Thanx again!

Greetings
Ulrich
Ulrich,

Choose the Genos, PSR-SX ..... one as MIDI device. The other one is for people who have both a Genos AND a korg keyboard.

What type of cable are you currently using? Is there a chance you have a second cable like that and try it with that other one??

Alternatively ... If you have the 'All Parts' selected on Genos 2, If you go the Mobilesheets MIDI screen where the link (chain) icon is. Try pressing the icon just above it (it looks like an iPad with wifi waves in the bottom left). It will open a MIDI monitoring screen in MobileSheets.. Now if you start playing some notes on your Genos, you should see the corresponding MIDI 'note on' and 'note off' messages appearing in that monitoring screen in MobileSheets. If you don't there is probably some issue with the MIDI connection between your tablet and the keyboard.

Rudy
(02-27-2024, 01:22 AM)UlrichM Wrote:
(02-26-2024, 09:56 PM)UlrichM Wrote: Hi Rudy,

you really have a helping spirit!

In the meantime I found an answer to the question, why the connection doesn't work with my new Lenovo tablet.
The answer is: It just doesn't work (this way) with this tablet!
I tried to connect the Genos2 to  1) my old (almost broken) tablet. (Also an Android tablet).
And I tried 2)  the connection with my Microsoft based laptop. The connection to the Genos2 works perfectly on both of them! And I made the same steps. I used the same cable.  So - the problem is with the Lenovo Yoga Tab 13.
Anyway, I hope to find a solution to this issue. But now I know that I did everything correctly.
Thanx again!

Best Wishes & God's Blessings
Ulrich
Glad to hear you identified the source of the problem and thanks for the feedback

Rudy