• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8 App version?
Is there any interest in porting MobileSheets to Win8? I am interested in getting a Win8 tablet, but I rely on MobileSheets so much. And I'm just in a church choir Smile.
This is absolutely one of my long term goals for the year. There is a lot of work I still need to do on Android before I can start on Windows 8 though.
(02-10-2013, 11:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This is absolutely one of my long term goals for the year. There is a lot of work I still need to do on Android before I can start on Windows 8 though.

I also would LOVE this Smile I have an android tablet I currently use but I have been trying to decide between windows 8 tablet and iPAD now hopefully I can stay with a Windows Tablet Smile I would love to help test the app when you are working on it.
(02-28-2013, 06:46 AM)crossoverworship Wrote:
(02-10-2013, 11:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This is absolutely one of my long term goals for the year. There is a lot of work I still need to do on Android before I can start on Windows 8 though.

I also would LOVE this :) I have an android tablet I currently use but I have been trying to decide between windows 8 tablet and iPAD now hopefully I can stay with a Windows Tablet :) I would love to help test the app when you are working on it.

I too am a Win8 + Android, no-iOS (at least now) guy who would appreciate MobileSheets on Win8 as Modern/metro OR even traditional desktop; I'd use it first on a convertible (e.g. Lenovo X220 Tab). You'd be so much better than Adobe Reader. (I haven't surveyed other alternatives in the hope you'll be an option soon :-) Thank you.
*j
Just for info:
There already exists a windows app for sheet music, musicreader
http://www.musicreader.net/

I haven't tested it because I am happy with my android tablet and MobileSheets so far.

They say they also develop an android app, but nothing until now - and it will be hard to beat MobilesheetsSmile
While Musicreader is indeed a windows app for sheet music (and has been around for awhile), there is a big difference between being a Windows app, and being a Windows 8 app that is designed around Microsoft's new frameworks. I've been doing a lot of reading while traveling to ensure that I'm fully informed on the best practices and approaches for Windows 8 apps. I haven't tested MusicReader on Windows 8 myself, so I hope I'm not speaking out of line, but I doubt they have full support for all of the gestures and such that the Windows 8 tablets support. It probably also won't act like an app that was written with Windows 8 in mind (it won't have proper tiles on the start screen, won't be available through the Microsoft store, etc). Has anyone tried Musicreader on a Windows 8 tablet yet?
(05-24-2013, 04:57 PM)Zuberman Wrote: While Musicreader is indeed a windows app for sheet music (and has been around for awhile), there is a big difference between being a Windows app, and being a Windows 8 app that is designed around Microsoft's new frameworks. I've been doing a lot of reading while traveling to ensure that I'm fully informed on the best practices and approaches for Windows 8 apps. I haven't tested MusicReader on Windows 8 myself, so I hope I'm not speaking out of line, but I doubt they have full support for all of the gestures and such that the Windows 8 tablets support. It probably also won't act like an app that was written with Windows 8 in mind (it won't have proper tiles on the start screen, won't be available through the Microsoft store, etc). Has anyone tried Musicreader on a Windows 8 tablet yet?

Musicreader would work, but you are right it doesn't have touch support so it only works in desktop mode and isn't as easy as it would be to use mouse and keyboard to run it... that being said, Musicreader is a ugly unintuitve interface that doesn't have nearly as nice of features as Mobilesheets hence why I only use my android tablet for sheet music and use Mobilesheets haha...
If you have win8 or win7 you can use "Bluestack" to run Mobile Android Apps such as MobileSheet. It's not a native Win8 app, but I've tested it in Win7 and it works quite good with MobileSheets. In Win8 it should function as traditional desktop application.

1. Use Mobilesheet with an android device (with a google account)
2. Download Bluestack Player, install and start it.
3. Sync the Bluestack android player with your android device

That's all.
Hey there ....I am a new member and I am really happy to have found your programme as I play on stage and found using music books etc a drag.... however I wanted to compile a small collection of songs together onto mobile sheets ( I have the paid for version )) and deleted all the collection I had but for some reason I cannot get the android ( Samsung galaxy tab 2/ 10.1 ) to sync with my pc. I have win 8.1 as the setup but when I purchased the mobile sheet and the mobile sheet companion I had no trouble in getting them to connect , could you please assist ....thanks
I have been using MUSICREADER for over a year now -- I also use Mobile sheets on my android tablets. The Musicreader software is a little more expensive but I'm running it on 4 Win8 machines at church. I'm using MobileSSheets Pro on 3 different Android tablets as well. Both are quite compatable and beat the heck out of using Adobe Acrobator PDF reader. Now if I could get Mobile sheets to work on my galaxy Note 2 I'd be really happy.

(05-23-2013, 06:18 PM)Harry_M Wrote: Just for info:
There already exists a windows app for sheet music, musicreader
http://www.musicreader.net/

I haven't tested it because I am happy with my android tablet and MobileSheets so far.

They say they also develop an android app, but nothing until now - and it will be hard to beat MobilesheetsSmile

Music Reader does work on Win 8.1 -- it will run from the metro desktop but is much more reliable when running from a Standard desktop. I actually load my 4 Windows 8 machines (1 vaio duo 11, 2 dell xps18, 1 vaio tap11) with an app called Classic Shell to load into a WinXP type environment. No problems with Music reader and their support is excellent.

(05-24-2013, 04:57 PM)Zuberman Wrote: While Musicreader is indeed a windows app for sheet music (and has been around for awhile), there is a big difference between being a Windows app, and being a Windows 8 app that is designed around Microsoft's new frameworks. I've been doing a lot of reading while traveling to ensure that I'm fully informed on the best practices and approaches for Windows 8 apps. I haven't tested MusicReader on Windows 8 myself, so I hope I'm not speaking out of line, but I doubt they have full support for all of the gestures and such that the Windows 8 tablets support. It probably also won't act like an app that was written with Windows 8 in mind (it won't have proper tiles on the start screen, won't be available through the Microsoft store, etc). Has anyone tried Musicreader on a Windows 8 tablet yet?

(06-28-2013, 02:11 AM)crossoverworship Wrote:

Musicreader would work, but you are right it doesn't have touch support so it only works in desktop mode and isn't as easy as it would be to use mouse and keyboard to run it... that being said, Musicreader is a ugly unintuitve interface that doesn't have nearly as nice of features as Mobilesheets hence why I only use my android tablet for sheet music and use Mobilesheets haha...

It has touch support on my 4 windows 8.1 machines.
I will look forward to that.
I have an android tablet, but I just bought a convertible laptop, win8.

not sure how hard the cross platform is, but I sure need it...
Please keep us posted,

Koby