• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi command learning
Hi all, 
I'm wanting to create Smart buttons with associated Midi Commands, and they work perfectly when I manually write on the Commands. 
But if I try to use the MIDI Learn function to let MSP receive incoming Commands from the midi device (Nord Stage 2) to the tablet (Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra), MSP seems not receiving any command from the USB midi interface. Is there any setting I should check?
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
If you go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections, which MIDI library do you have selected? It may be worth trying Google if you are on default, or default if you are on Google to see if one works for receiving if the other does not. Also verify that MobileSheets is receiving on the channel that you are using to send on the keyboard.

Mike
(12-09-2023, 04:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections, which MIDI library do you have selected? It may be worth trying Google if you are on default, or default if you are on Google to see if one works for receiving if the other does not. Also verify that MobileSheets is receiving on the channel that you are using to send on the keyboard.

Mike

Thanks alot Mike! 
I switched MIDI library to Google (it was in Default), and MSP found the keyboard instantly, and now everything works perfectly.  Smile Smile Smile
Marco

Hi Mike, 

I seem to have a problem: I've setup the MIDI library to "Google" according to your suggestion, and it works fine, but if I exit MSP and reload it again, MSP doesn't see the MIDI device anymore and no MIDI command is being sent or received. 
The only way to get it working is go to Settings/MIDI settings/MIDI connections config and manually enable the MIDI device. Until I doen't do this, the MIDI device remains invisible to MSP.
Is this normal? It seems like MSP doesn't remember a previously connected device.

If I switch MIDI library to "Default" the problem disappears.
Marco

That's definitely not normal... MobileSheets should remember the input and output ports that were selected, and if those are detected at startup, MobileSheets should connect to them automatically. If you restart the application and go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections, do the input and output ports show as connected? If not, MobileSheets may be encountering some kind of error while trying to save the MIDI port information. In that case, you can go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and send me the settings file and I can try to repair it, or you can go to Settings->Other Settings->Reset Settings to Default if you don't mind having all of the application settings reset. This is just a guess though as I can't think of any other reason MobileSheets wouldn't be connecting to the ports you selected.

Mike