• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSV Import issue?
I have attached an example csv file that uses a comma as a delimiter and all works except it will not import "sources" (I also tried "source").  Suggestions needed before I start creating a bunch of index files.  Here is the layout and one (currently the only one) line of data.

Title,Albums,Collections,pages,genres,sources,Custom Groups
Book Of Songs,Book Of Songs,Fake Book,1-28,Christmas,Lead Sheet,No Index

Attached Files
.csv   CSV Example.csv (Size: 135 bytes / Downloads: 2)
I always use semicolon or tab as separator. Commas might occur in title or composer field values.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

This is a sample from another post
Code:
Code:
title;pages;keys;composers;year;signatures;collections;source types;genres
Sunday;9;Bb;Chester Conn|Benny Kreuger|Jule Styne;1926;4/4;The Firehouse Jazz Band Fake Book;Sheet Music;Jazz
Bill Bailey, Won't You Please;10-11;F;Hughie Cannon;1902;4/4;The Firehouse Jazz Band Fake Book;Sheet Music;Jazz

I've no idea if it is right!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(12-11-2023, 12:00 AM)itsme Wrote: I always use semicolon or tab as separator. Commas might occur in title or composer field values.

Is there a list of all the acceptable field names for csv files?  I've looked but can't find it in any one place.  Just pieces here and there
The example I gave showed that the correct field name is "source types" (not sources)

All of the field names are shown on page 25 of the manual (although it shows "sourcetypes" - perhaps it doesn't care about a space in the name?)
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
MobileSheets will accept both "sourcetypes" and "source types". It does not accept "sources" though.

Mike
Column names should not be the problem. Only title and pages are mandatory. When one of the other column name is unknown for MobileSheets, the column is just ignored. That's nice and useful for adding additional info to a CSV.
Several names are accepted, the keywords from "Song Title Formatting" (%TITLE% %KEYS% ...) also work fine.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Quote:That's nice and useful for adding additional info to a CSV.
And not so useful when you create a csv and import it and discover that you've misspelled a field name and the data wasn't imported as you expected it would be.

It would be nice if the program brought up some kind of a warning "Unknown field name, proceed anyway?" and then you'd have a chance to back out and change it instead of just charging ahead and finding out later....
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
I can look into adding that with an option to "Not ask again" so that users who purposely have extra columns won't be annoyed by that confirmation.

Mike