• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No camera image on ’test gestures’ dialog
Hi Mike

Tried to test the new gestures feature on my ipad air 2 and ipad pro gen 2, but I get no camera image in the ’test gestures’ dialog. Just a black image. Same on both devices

Are my ipad’s too old?

Thanks
Rudy
You are the second user to report that Rudy. I'm utilizing ARKit, which only works on iPads with a TrueDepth camera and an A12 or later processor. So both of your devices most likely don't have a TrueDepth camera and/or an A12 or later processor. I'll fix this for the next update so that the option to enable face gestures isn't even visible in the settings on devices that don't support it.

Mike
Ok, thanks!
Don't want to start a new topic, so apologies for hijacking.

But I have to say that the face gestures on iPad (with TrueDepth camera) seem to work very well. A few more tests and I may be ready to retire my Bluetooth page turner.
Well done Mike and many thanks for this feature (and all the others you're adding, too).
Glad to hear that! I was impressed by how well the face detection worked on iOS (and now Android as well with the latest update), so I'm glad to hear it's also working well for others. I'm always happy when I can provide features that may benefit a lot of users.

Mike