• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets instantly crashes/exits on startup
My wife has had MS on her new Lenovo Chromebook for about a month now.  She uses it with PC companion and has about 600 songs loaded.  MS has worked well up to this point (albeit it has crashed a few times in the past and been difficult to restart).  Today she went to start MS on the chromebook and MS instantly quits - it stays up for a fraction of a second and then exits.  She's tried restarting the Chromebook numerous times but nothing helps.  Since MS stays up for such a short period of time we can't see what's going on or change any settings.  If we were to uninstall and reinstall MS, would she have to pay for the license again?  How can she get her license # to re-use on the re-install?
Don't uninstall - this was due to a bug that only impacted devices with an Intel processor. One of the libraries I utilize from Google was causing a crash on these devices because Google (for some strange reason) decided not to include some dependencies for Intel 64-bit processors. So I've had to disable face gesture support on those devices for the time being as I'm currently working on compiling Google's library myself.

If you just open the Google Play Store app, search for MobileSheets and install the latest update, it should no longer crash. I really apologize for any inconvenience this caused you - it caught me by surprise.

Mike
As a follow up to this, I have managed to compile Google's library for x86_64 devices, so I will be releasing another update to restore the face gesture functionality on Chromebook devices.

Mike