• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invalid backup file won't restore?
I created a backup .msb file on my Sony tablet (Android 5.1.1) from MobileSheetsPro 2.9.6 and transferred it to my Samsung Galaxy (Android 13).

MobileSheetsPro_2023_11_24.msb (437Mb)

Trying to restore it to MobileSheetsPro 3.8.21 on the Galaxy I get the message:
"..selected file is not a valid MobileSheets backup file" 

I have repeated this in different ways, transfers and with and without audio - same result.

Help please  Huh
Please share the file with mike@zubersoft.com. You will need to upload it to a cloud service like Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive first and just share a link to the file with me. I will take a look at the file and if there is an error, I will repair the file if possible so that it works with the latest version.

Having said that, if you can just update your old device to the latest version of MobileSheets, and then create the backup file, that may also resolve the issue. Is there a reason you haven't updated the old device to 3.8.21? Do you assistance with that?

Mike
(12-19-2023, 04:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please share the file with mike@zubersoft.com. You will need to upload it to a cloud service like Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive first and just share a link to the file with me. I will take a look at the file and if there is an error, I will repair the file if possible so that it works with the latest version.

Having said that, if you can just update your old device to the latest version of MobileSheets, and then create the backup file, that may also resolve the issue. Is there a reason you haven't updated the old device to 3.8.21? Do you assistance with that?

Mike
Hi Mike,
I have shared the backup file with you on OneDrive.
I have never received update notifications, so never updated. 
If I tried to update the old system, does it mean clearing the data then needing the backup file to restore ?
Thanks for prompt response,
Cheers, Ricksby
No, you can just update the application and it will upgrade your database when you start MobileSheets.

Mike
Tried to update the old MSP but Google appstore didn't offer a update option - must have forgotten me!
Read the manual re. Exporting and exported all songs as 5 .msf files via Onedrive onto my Samsung - great (apart from having to manually select them individually, holding "select" down until "select all" didn't seem to work).
So thanks for your help Mike, it's all setup now, cheers.
You only need to hold down to select the first, then you can just tap the others to select them or tap the select all button in the floating toolbar. I'm glad you figured out a workaround though!

Mike