• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of songs beside the letter spacing bar in the Songs list
This is really minor but would it be possible to add the number of songs beside the letter in the black bar that spaces out the the songs list between letters?

J (3)
blah
blah
blah
K (5)
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah

And so on.

This would be useful to decide if it's worth the effort to type in a search term or just scroll down to the song that I want when I'm already in the J's, for example.

Sixteen entries in J?  I'll just scroll down.

653 entries?  I'll do a search....
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
When you say "type in a search term", do you mean type in the filter field?

If so, have you tried holding the initial letter for about 2 secs - it will then show a menu of available 2nd letters
select the 2nd letter and repeat selecting until you have located the song you want (either by a direct hit or near enough to see or scroll for it). You can do this without having the filter field showing.

I suspect most people know whether or not they have a lot of songs starting with a particular letter - if I had a letter with many entries then I would be immediately going for a filter or letter search each time without needing to know how many entries there were 

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Yes, that's what I mean.

As I said, it's a minor thing.  Just sometimes when I'm scrolling through the list looking for "inspiration" (or lightning to strike, as the case may be) it would be nice to know that there are X number of songs that start with this letter.
So I'm trying to decide how I would want to visualize that. I could just do B (3), but that creates a kind of visual clutter that I'm not sure I like. If I right aligned the number (like I do when displaying how many songs are under a group), that would create less clutter but require your eyes to jump from the left side to the right side. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Being as it's a subheading, you might want to consider thirds.

1/3 letter 1/3 number

Then everything is nicely centered.  Shy 

I really what the best option would be; I'm not particularly artistic.....
(12-28-2023, 10:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So I'm trying to decide how I would want to visualize that. I could just do B (3), but that creates a kind of visual clutter that I'm not sure I like. If I right aligned the number (like I do when displaying how many songs are under a group), that would create less clutter but require your eyes to jump from the left side to the right side. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

I would also find it visual clutter so if you do implement it adding a config option to not have it would be appreciated. 

Thanks
Steve