• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular pedal disconnections
I am suffering from regular bluetooth disconnections between my Airturn DUO 500 and Linx 12X64 tablet running Windows 10 and also an HP Pavillion x360 running Windows 11, both hosting my MobileSheets music reader software.

Airturn DUO 500 BT500311112223-11A4 v3.0.11
Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19045 64-bit (Linx tablet)
Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 OS build 22000.2538 64-bit (HP x360 tablet)

My Airturn Duo 500 manages to pair and connect with the tablet but only manages to turn pages of musical notation for approximately 40 seconds (13 slow flashes) before searching for the connection again and flashing quickly. It does manage to reconnect and turn pages again, but I am always unable to turn pages every 40 seconds or so for another significant period of time until it manages to reconnect.

I am using Mode 3 of the pedal. I have updated to version 3.0.11 using the Airturn Manager (v3.3.2 (104)) on my Android smartphone. I have held the power button on the pedal until it flashed 3 times to reset it. I have also tried to reset it using the Airturn Manager app on my smartphone. I have removed the bluetooth pairing on my tablets and re-paired it after resetting the pedal. I have tried turning off my router broadband wifi and bluetooth on all other devices in my home in case there was any conflicting radio frequency interference. I have tried relocating the tablet and pedal to another part of my home as far from other WiFi/Bluetooth devices and the problem persists.

I have checked for all the latest driver updates, and Windows stated that the latest drivers were installed. In any case, there has never been any driver errors indicated in the Windows Device Manager, and all devices are indicated as working. I have made sure that the power management settings in Device Manager properties cannot power down Bluetooth for the Airturn pedal and HID GATT compliant devices.

I am thinking that as it is a constant regular disconnection cycle it is not interference from other devices, but perhaps some setting in the Windows operating system. The hardware differs between the Linx and HP tablets.

Is there anything else I can try?
This definitely sounds like either an issue with the hardware itself in your Linx tablet (meaning the bluetooth chip/receiver) or something in Windows. Unless I missed it, did you already test the pedal with the HP? Does it have the same behavior? Do you have an Android or iPad device you can test the pedal with? I just want to be able to confirm with 100% confidence that the pedal is fine and it's just an issue with the Windows devices. If you use mode 1 with the AirTurn Direct Connect option, does that also exhibit the same problems? That doesn't rely on pairing the pedal in the same way, so I'm curious if it will behave any better.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I am beginning to think you are correct that it is a hardware problem. Poor luck on my part in purchasing two devices specifically only for this task that are incompatible  Sad  

I also tested the pedal with the HP x360. The pedal always disconnected after 13 slow flashes.

I tried changing the Windows Bluetooth Services to start from manually to automatic, hoping it might allow the pedal to reconnect very quickly and provide a temporary workaround, but to no avail.

I tried Airturn Direct mode with the Linx tablet. Although it identified the Airturn pedal in MobileSheets settings when scanning for the pedal it failed to connect to the pedal.

I tried to bypass the inbuilt Bluetooth by using a USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongle, but the TOSHIBA RFBus driver fails to work in Windows Device Manager, despite having the latest driver version. I have ordered a BT5 USB dongle and I am waiting for that to arrive.

The pedal does work with a friend's Android tablet, and also his HP laptop (255 G4) computer running Windows 10.

I think it is the hardware in both the Linx and HP x360, rather than any Windows OS settings at this point.

I did manage to connect in Airturn Direct Mode using the HP x360, and Mode 1 of the Airturn DUO BT500 pedal, but the blue banner in the bottom right hand corner of MobileSheets kept indicating a disconnection after about 15 seconds before attempting a reconnection again.

Unless there are any other ideas, I am now hoping the USB Bluetooth 5 dongle, when it arrives, might offer a workaround. Or are there any USB wired pedals recommended?
About the only thing I have left to recommend trying is some of the more complicated/advanced things discussed in this thread: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...l#pid28106

I don't know if it will help at all, but it may be worth a shot. As far as USB wired pedals, pretty much any wired device that can send key commands such up arrow, down arrow, etc, will work, but I don't have any specific recommendations, as there aren't a lot of wired models sold to my knowledge.

Mike